SA Adelaide PPOR 850k

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Selected, 8th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Selected

Selected Member

Hi All.

I am in the process of finding a ppor in Adelaide.

I am having a real problem narrowing my area.

Target:
    Budget is 450k-850k
    Detached house
    3 Bedroom
    2 Car
    I don't mind a smaller block 400m2 +

I will be moving to Adelaide soon
    Will have children attending school in the next 5 years.

I am leaning towards private schooling for my children but would like to zone for a decent public school as a contingency.

I have lived in Belair before and like this area (Belair, Craigburn Farm, Aberfoyle Park) I'm thinking this is too far out from good schools?

I work remote so my workplace location isn't a factor.

I am now throwing up between Brighton HS zoning and inner east (all the way from Magil to Lower Mitcham)

Has anyone gone through this process before and care to share how they decided where to buy. Any places to avoid? Or where to find value?

I have touched base with a ba, and will chat about this with them once I am closer to buying.

Thanks

2. M_Chad88

M_Chad88 Member

If you’re WFH you can get a lot in Golden Grove for between $450-$850k. Huge choice of schools both public and private. Kids walk to school. Heaps of parks and sporting facilities etc.

In terms of East, aim for a detached house in Magill/Rostrevor.

Blackwood/Aberfoyle Park is OK, but the road infrastructure (for Blackwood at least) isn’t keeping up with the population. And the choice of schools isn’t as good, unless you want to drive your kids a little further to school.

3. Selected

Selected Member

Good insights thanks.

I guess that's the problem I am having,
    I like the larger blocks and newer houses in the hills, but the daily commute to schools will add up 30+ mins each way will be too much. So may have to make the compromise to live closer.

I fully agree with you about the road infrastructure, especially in Craigburn Farm.

I'll look into Golden Grove, I didn't realise it provided all of this. Thanks

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

If Brighton HS no good send em to sacred heart!!

Live in Somerton Park.

5. Cia

Cia Well-Known Member

There's plenty of good schools within 10 mins of Belair/Blackwood. St Johns Grammar, Scotch College, Walford, Mercedes College, St Theresas, check the schools are listed at the bottom of Domain and RE.com listings these days. It's a higher priced area and why Golden Grove is cheaper. Go closer to the beaches and yes there's Sacred Heart, Immanuel, a whole bunch of good schools there. Also try areas like Panorama, Clapham, Pasadena for good value and closer to the city and beach than Golden Grove.

6. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

I live in neighbouring Salisbury hts, Golden Grove is a fantastic location with alot of amenities, shopping centres, schooling, parks, etc. It is also serviced by the J1/2 Obahn buses for quick access to the cbd.