Adelaide into the red

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by 2FAST4U, 22nd Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Absolutely, it isn't enough info for anyone to make an informed decision as to where to invest their money next. They've just put a label over the whole of Adelaide, some areas are rising, some still stagnant, some falling. Only way to find out where is with a good deal of effort.

We purchased a commercial property in Royal Park earlier this year- falling market.
    I got 2 IP's 25km South of the CBD held for 4 yrs- stagnant market.
    I got PPOR (held 10yrs), beachside West of CBD- rising market
    1 IP (only held 12 mths) 10km Sth West of the CBD - rising market
    Right now trying to buy another development block west of CBD within 10km- rising market

D.T. likes this.
  2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I sold off a block of land recently using a 'house and land' marketing campaign with Weeks and Macklin, a big project builder (low spec), under contract in 4 weeks for asking price. I think land within 10km of the CBD is in good demand as supply is limited, and selling well if correctly priced.

JohnPropChat likes this.
  3. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Median prices just give a glimpse. Of course there are markets within markets and obviously you need to do your homework and use due diligence before parting with your cash. You've got a good example about photos being deceiving but on the other hand there are also just as many houses that have had upgrades/renovations before coming out onto the market. That's why medians are useful (if there are enough sales within a suburb) just to give a glimpse. It's the same as the property clock that you previously posted. I'd never buy a property without actually inspecting it in person.

4. JohnPropChat

JohnPropChat Well-Known Member

May I ask - which suburb?

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

plympton

JohnPropChat likes this.