Adelaide Infill Development - Three townhouses, significant tree

Discussion in 'Development' started by 6000, 7th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon R

Simon R Member

great post Lara, thanks for sharing

2. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

If spec is still an issue for you, I always look to what Harvey Norman Commercial can supply.

SEIMA WC's and Vanities, Methven tapware, Everhard sinks, Blanco appliances etc can knock nearly 10k of a similar spec'd home in Caroma / Bosch.

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Looking good @Lara Lansell . The JH Scyon Axon looks great.

I agree building to boundary has a lot of issues that the builder has to carefully think through - just getting down the rear scaffolding is a huge issue as it has to go through house etc or crane over.

4. 6000

6000 Active Member

Few thoughts / learnings and two pictures side by side against the plans!

During the original due diligence, the surveyor picked up on the contour survey a Telstra Pit smack bang infront of one of the driveway crossovers.
    • Budget: $900 (to put a steel lid on)
    • Initial Quote: $20,000+ (to move it across the road)
    • Learning: Engage with utilities early, build contingency in the feaso and keep onside with the team scoping the job! We got the first quote back with sufficient time to rescope the relocation to an alternative location - with just enough time to keep it off the critical path for the driveways to go down.
    Timber floors take time. Opted for solid timber rather than engineered floating - here's for hoping that buyers notice and feel the difference as it adds quite a bit of time to lay!

Do other people elevate bathrooms? Or run around ala Block / Three Birds Reno on site with the tiler and cabinet maker?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ellejay, Cindy3, Pier1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cindy3

Cindy3 New Member

This looks like a great project. Any updates? Are the completed and sold?

6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Yup always do elevations of bathrooms and I believe this is standard in working drawings. Our cabinet maker works off these drawings and does his own shop drawings from those - I then double check those - and done.
    Attention to detail is paramount at that stage - is it a wall hung vanity (impacts waste pipe)? Is it's on floor (impacts waste pipe)? Do I want drawers in the vanity (impacts where basin goes)

That's a great vanity. Shallow enough not to protrude into the room but perfectly functional and excellent storage for toilet paper next to the loo :p

And I do love my wood laminate on cabinetry to run horizontal so love yours!