Adding another bedroom? (1bed > 2 bed)

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Chaumander, 16th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

What are you trying to get from this? Extra bedroom to rent to friend if things get financially tight? In your revised plan, where do you put a couch and TV?

I'd also imagine moving plumbing in an apartment would either not be allowed, or would be very costly. And you create two bedrooms, two ensuites, a teeny kitchen and nowhere to sit.

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

+1

3. arewethereyet

arewethereyet Well-Known Member

Hi Wylie - yes, exactly this. Rent out one of the spaces while living in the other.

And while I'm sure there are countless discussions around space vs proximity to the city, myself and enough people that I know makes me believe living/renting out would be viable.

And not to obsess about it, but I'd really love some feedback about the plumbing question :) Would a reconfiguration like this require knocking out common walls or into the unit below? (In this instance its a ground floor apartment, but this as a thought exercise I'd like to understand impact if it wasn't.)