Adding a bathroom

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by P Roperty, 26th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. P Roperty

P Roperty Member

Can anyone explain what's involved in adding a new bathroom to an existing house that is on a slab, not foundations. I know it's more expensive but is it possible? Thanks

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I have done it. I took mine back to bricks then chased into the bricks for plumbing which was done by a plumber. Then cut the slab for drainage with a big angle grinder. Then used a jackhammer to clear the concrete and go under the brick wall to the outside. My plumber did all the plumbing.

To put it back together, I rendered the walls, applied waterproofing according to the Australian Standard. Then tiled the floor and all walls to the ceiling, installed a vanity and mirror. I got stegbar to install the shower screen. I installed the light, fan and power point but got a licensed electrician to do all the wiring.

It turned out well. It's nearly a year old and no issues.

In your state uou may have to have a licensed waterproofer.

P Roperty likes this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF