Adani approved

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MyPropertyPro, 13th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Impact on Qld property markets? Discuss!

- Andrew

Last edited by a moderator: 14th Jun, 2019
  2. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for the values and rents of my Rockhampton properties to go back up to 2012 levels.
    But I'm even hoping much, much, much more than that, that the Adani mine doesn't go ahead! C'mon lack of insurance!

Propagate likes this.
  3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

4. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

Adani has been approved and will begin construction within days. This is a fairly big win for the unemployed in Qld and no doubt great for the states sentiment. How do people think it will affect property prices in Rockhampton etc?

Illusivedreams likes this.
  5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

What jobs? Even Adani has stated that, once construction (1,500 or less jobs) is complete, the permanent workforce is around 100.

The government sold out our environment for a mere 100 jobs that could easily be outstripped if they encouraged the opening of a solar panel plant, or lithium/hydrogen plant, or electric car assembly plant

"Earlier this week, water experts from four Australian universities issued a joint report detailing what they called Adani's "severely flawed" water science."

"Adani also promised to fix the "modelling limitations" identified by the CSIRO and Geoscience Australia within two years of the first coal being mined."

Final Adani decision to be revealed today

10,000 jobs promised - now down to less than 100 full time ... with experts predicting it will cost around 4,000 direct jobs as less efficient mines are forced out of business

Adani jobs explained: why there are new questions over Carmichael mine

"The mine would cover much of the best remaining habitat for the endangered black-throated finch ... Instead of establishing a finch conservation reserve, the Adani plan proposed what was in effect a paddock"

Why Adani's finch plan was rejected, and what comes next

Esh, Archaon, wategos and 6 others like this.
  6. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Little change to surrounding areas...and a much shorter life than promised...public being sold a big lie with this one.

Anyhow people can believe all the BS, but in a few years time don't expect much to change.

There is an "unexpected" freight train coming head on towards Australia, and that is the end of growing thermal coal demand. The sooner we can take preventative action to switch our economy the better.

The long term price for coal is going down down down...

7. Lambo

Lambo Well-Known Member

Most of the jobs will probably be in Brisbane. Uni grads operating trains and machinery from their desktop computers. Need less and less people to run a mine these days.

8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Yeah I also hold shares in AMP so hope they're making sure their employees are productive;)

Codie likes this.
  9. investoradam

investoradam Well-Known Member

You don’t work in mining and clearly have zero idea in what you are on about!

Just listen to to much propaganda from the abc & read the dribble from the guardian!

The owner is using his own money and has passed over 100 different challengers from lobby groups and environmental firms and won every single challenge!

Since the mine was first proposed there has been several mines opening up, expanded during that time BMA bhp have built 2 of those and expanded cavil ridge twice since to a sun of 13 billion dollars all up

If you have ever worked in mining you’d know the sheer scale of the people that will be involved and the trickle down effect of the supply line. On sites similar proposed since that are already operating I’ve been on and you will reach over 1000 people swipe through the gate in a 24 hr period alone!

So as I tell to all the people who oppose the mine are emotionally invested, is at least learn the very basics to what is actually going on

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Just goes to show you know nothing about me

However, perhaps you need to do some reading. If the link does work, as it is a "download" document, then google "Galilee Jobs Impact - Parliament of Australia" ... but see how this goes

https://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=4d4ba3a4-440d-40a5-8345..

Last edited: 14th Jun, 2019
    Angel likes this.
  11. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I'll give you a hint ... look at my location.

Surprisingly to some, a lot of those who work in coal (in our area) are more green and activist than latte sipping Melbourne-ites. Probably because we see the destruction, and lack of future, from the inside.

As for having to fund it themselves - yep - because NO bank or investment fund in the world would back them

12. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Just a reminder that this thread is about the economic issues and impact on property markets from development of the Adani mine - posts about environmental or political issues are off topic here.

See: Adani mine - environmental impact for environmental discussions

craigc, Lizzie, Traveller99 and 2 others like this.
  13. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Thanks for moving mine instead of taking the easier option of deletion.

/derailment

14. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

I do and have done so for the last decade. Job creation will be negliable as the economics just dont stack up. This is about bailing out stranded assets at a cost to the tax payer.

Lizzie likes this.
  15. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

This will be great for Qld Government, maybe now the Qld Public Service can double in size again. Maybe a prop up for Brisbane’s biggest industry.

16. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Sarcasm noted

QldKoolies likes this.
  17. Mady

Mady Well-Known Member

I think Townsville will be a safer place to invest, rents are already on the rise and insurance premiums have started to come down again.

- Port widening
    - Stadium project
    - Adani office
    - Lithium battery plant
    - Couple of other government projects

18. investoradam

no! your statement and basic belief is bs, due to the rection that old bob brown and his band of paid protesters received!

export levels keep increasing, and billions of private money is being spent on exploration and expansion year in year out
    https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...rnment-calls-for-tenders-20190802-p52d6q.html

thats in the Bowen basin alone, if you actually, Australian mining magnates gina rienheart, twiggy forest and other large consortiums all have mining leases based in the Bowen basin going through application process atm adani is just the beginning
    Will Adani be the 'ice-breaker' for six more proposed Galilee mines?

thats just qld alone. we can discuss new coal mines and power stations going up at record numbers around the world if youd like?

19. investoradam

townsville name always pops up for investors but never does anything

20. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Amazing for the local community.

I travel to the region 2 times per year and the local community has been asking for this for years.

The greatest opposition is from people not in the area.

Locals love major projects like this Front NT to Wa these project pump billions in Royalties and taxes.

Most Leftists will say focus on renewables.

But do they consider.

1. Chinese panels installed euro inverters
    2. Euro Turbines
    3. Overseas operators
    4. Tiny workforce required to set up solar farm or turbine projects
    5. than tiny amount of staff to operate
    Next we don't make any money exporting we don't making any royalties. Where do we make the money?

Mining industry is half the reason for Australian prosperity.

Like agriculture Australians don't seem interested in supporting these industries.

wilso8948 and willair like this.