Sports & Fitness Adam Goodes

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by mush, 2nd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

The haka is a war dance performed towards the opposition.

2. Samten

Samten Well-Known Member

Absolutely we all push boundaries as teenagers but I don't think we ever go against the morals that we are raised with. Don't steal, don't cheat. don't lie,be respectful of others even if you don't agree with them that sort of thing. A child doesn't just come out with that sort of comment on their own in public unless they have heard it before. If they had been raised to respect others then they certainly would have never said it.

Perp likes this.
  3. mush

mush Well-Known Member

The young girl said that she called him "A big ape" which their family often called each other.I often call my little ones "monkeys", I can assure you this has no racial undertones.
    The Haka is performed for varying reasons and when used pre-battle is aimed at the opposition.
    To perform an act of mimed violence to a crowd of supporters is provocative behaviour in my opinion and if he had not been Adam Goodes he would have copped a punishment for this.

S.T likes this.
  4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Anyone who blames him for the incident with the 13 year old should be bloody ashamed of themselves.

He did not do anything wrong there, she did. It is also unlikely he knew her age and would've been a spur of the moment thing.

I suppose some if you lot are in the "if she didn't want to be raped she shouldn't have worn that dress" camp.

Pull your bloody heads in. We boo him because he had the sheer gall to object to some twit making racist comments to him? Seriously?

hobo, clint05, mrdobalina and 4 others like this.
  5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

This is what I mean by base assumptions being made. :rolleyes:

6. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

And he did not identify the girl. He said she deserved privacy after meeting with her.

News ltd disclosed her age and details.

7. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

In social justice, this is called "tone policing", which is an unwillingness to listen to the concerns of minorities - women, other races, queer people - unless they "ask nicely". In other words, as long as they "remember their place".

AndrewTDP and sanj like this.
  8. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Yes, a very old tradition usually done to signify getting ready to go into battle for a sporting event such as rugby, but not always as has been previously stated. What Goodes did was aimed at opposition fans, and it was done in retaliation to the boos. Any motion to opposing fans will cause a stir in any sport, I remember when Wayne Rooney motioned a shhhh sound to Everton fans when he scored against them when they were booing him and they went absolutely ballistic. Can't even imagine what might have happened if he motioned a gunshot or a spear? It's just not colour related at all.

9. sanj

Feel free to pick apart what I've said.

Victim blaming is for and by the weak minded pissants in our society.

Note I'm specifically talking about incident with the 13 year old.

Last edited: 2nd Aug, 2015
  10. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

I mean, it was indigenous round. Who wouldn't expect a little racial abuse to be thrown their way, on an occasion when they were celebrating their culture?

:rolleyes:

sanj likes this.
  11. Inov8ive

P
    Perhaps you are right, I think the parents in this case probably were the problem but either way, I don't agree with people defending her. She got what she deserved

12. sanj

Ultimately she was just a kid who made a mistake, the spotlight would have been pretty intense and harsh but hopefully some lessons have been learnt.

Inov8ive and Perp like this.
  13. AndrewTDP

I know right. We only like our non anglo sports stars when they don't make us question entrenched societal racism and meekly accept the status quo.

joanmc, Samten, sanj and 1 other person like this.
  14. Samten

Samten Well-Known Member

Sorry can't agree she is just a child we need to protect all of our children.

mush likes this.
  15. Touristy

Touristy Active Member

There's a degree of racism and a degree of sulking. Lets be honest. Didn’t see Stuart Broad have a cry when he was booed every game and say they hate the English etc. Seriously get on with it and achieve things outside the game he's playing "professionally." NZ culture is very different and probably shouldn’t be compared here as well.

S.T and T.C. like this.
  16. AndrewTDP

Maybe the blame should be levelled at the media organisation that pursued the story and made her details public rather than the person who called out racism and then met with the girl away from the media...

17. Inov8ive

Lol, so Adam Goodes was wrong and should have let it slide? Do you even know what you are arguing for or against? She was 13 and she made a disgusting remark that nobody should ever have to accept. She got exactly what she deserved and hopefully she will be better for it.

18. Samten

Samten Well-Known Member

I know perfectly well what I am arguing about, you obviously haven't read all my posts on this thread about Adam Goodes and indigenous people. What I was saying was that she may have uttered the words but I hold her parents responsible, not her. Can you explain to me how being plastered over national media at 13 that "she will be better for it" ? Do you have children? If you do sit and think for a moment if it was your child......

Perp and mush like this.
  19. mush

mush Well-Known Member

So you are 100% sure that the young girl calling him a big ape was racist and she would not have said the same thing to a white player?

WattleIdo likes this.
  20. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Chill out sanj sitting in your ivory tower and gold shirt.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.