Actions to take when land developer did not deliver land as per Contour Plan

Discussion in 'Development' started by Maneesh Chopra, 21st Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Maneesh Chopra

Maneesh Chopra Member

I bought a land which showed a 1.5 meter slope/drop as per the developer's contour plans.
    But at the end it had 2.5 meters of slope leading to high site costs in order of $15000.
    I just settled on property a week ago and now that a house builder has surveyed the land, I know the actual slope that developer has left(2.5 meters).

And the developer was supposed to provide a retaining wall between my property and neighbor's property which he did not provide.

What is the best of way to get developer to comply with their original contour plan or seek compensation?

2. Dan L

Dan L Well-Known Member

I would think that these may have been issues that ought to have been raised prior to settlement. Not sure why you would have settled without ensuring that the developer/seller had complied with their contractual obligations.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Sue every single person you spoke too.

ej89 and Ted Varrick like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia