Acreage vs smaller block living.

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Barny, 21st Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

I hope that in the future you don't say that you never want to see a ride on mower or slasher ever again! Agree, moving is the pits.

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

15 bucks a day......what on....a hydro lab ?

You must have that wrong.?

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Nope which is why we always knew we'd get solar to offset our usage. That is 2300 kWh to power pool pumps, solar HWS (elec booster), workshop, house, some aircon to heat over winter (mainly used fire though). We work from home and have 3 kids that like to leave lights on :p
    Our old house used to use more than that so we're pretty "happy" as this place is larger. I'll be ecstatic once we get panels of course.

4. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

You getting a battery?

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Not yet. I'm waiting until price and technology become that little bit better. Maybe 18mths as the technology is pretty fast at progressing.

Barny likes this.
  6. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a lot, we never had a pool, but know they suck some power, any heating or cooling actions take most power, lights should be negligible unless lot of halogen or banks of flouros.

We would not even use a dollar a day, but have had solar and know what needs to be done to make most of it and what to cut, last place was even better, but we have a lot of stuff here including floor heating, sheds, lights everywhere inside and out, 3 fridge freezers etc etc.....no rug rats though, but the washing machine etc is always going, use wood but also floor heating is on.

We have a poor feed in tariff too atm.

If you modify usage with panels, you will slash that usage, get the kids on board, put LEDs or low power bulbs & you wont have to sweat that one :)

I dont think battery will do much unless you cannot modify usage habits, it would not ever pay for us to have one atm. There is a cost to env too in making battery, not that I am a greenie, but most benefit will be from panels.

WA should be supplying the East coast during night, and we should be supplying for WA mornings.

7. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Love y solar

As soon as a 10KWh battery becomes $5,000 im in as well. Will double our PV array on the roof and have 10Kwh battery banks.

Currently have 4.4Kw on the roof and that has halved if not more our bills .

Also have a pool.

At the point wher battery are $5k installed I will not have to worry about appliance and will also be ready to chainage my car to EV.

8. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

any update? what does your house look like?