Acreage vs smaller block living.

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Barny, 21st Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

Ours was a garlic farm in the past, got washed out in 2012 with too much rain and gave up) and there is still heaps popping up everywhere

ellejay and Westminster like this.
  2. jim1964

jim1964 1941

This is the way i am going,have a 6 bay shed now to do it.Heyyyyyyy Charger.

ellejay and Westminster like this.
  3. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

It peevs me when they do that.... to me that's worse than under quoting for auctions because it's an advertised sell range. If you meet all other expected sell conditions then WTF?

Barny likes this.
  4. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, I'm still ******. I feel like offering the amount they want and let the sale go through, then use my get out clause built into the contract, to cancel the sale just to stick it up em. Hate this game.

5. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Negotiating is a game.

One of the best lessons I even leant in negotiating came from another game called tennis. Many years ago, there was a tennis player called John McEnroe. John used to carry on like a pork chop in an attempt to distract and upset his opponent.

In a interview with another player who had just beaten McEnroe (I think it was Pat Cash), the interviewer asked how could he focus on his game, his strategy, his tactics, ... with McEnroe carrying on like that. Pat's reply was that the only thing that counted on the tennis court was where the ball was and along as it is in play, the game was there to be won. In other words, McEnroe's behaviour and carryon was immaterial to winning the game, set and match.

Same in negotiation. Your opponent's behaviour means Jack ****. What counts is how you play - focus on your game, your strategy, your tactics, ... and put every ball away for a winner.

Getting anger, ****** off, ... means the vendors/REAs are winning.

Observer, Dean Collins and Terry_w like this.
  6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

John was the most annoying player to watch, that dude needed a smack to the head just like realestate agents that waste my time.
    I'm going to chill now, wake up tomorrow and head back out to the open inspection for a second look. I just signed/sold the Toowoomba house 5 minutes ago for more than I thought I would get so have a little more cash. I'm 45k off what they now want, not sure how to play this one.

Westminster likes this.
  7. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

As a spectator, I totally agree. While you are smacking him in the head, I will kicking him up the arsse :).

Totally disagree. You aren't a spectator; you are a player.

Just remember - you are always in the strongest negotiating position. Believe it and you will win.

Barny likes this.
  8. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Final offer in, business closing hours tomorrow or we walk away to find a brighter day. Or a slightly more expensive house as the market is still hot lol.

ellejay, Westminster and kierank like this.
  9. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

The lower end of the range is just to generate interest. They are hoping you'll sell your first born to get up to the higher end of the range which is what they'll accept.

The market is so hot for acreage in some parts of Sydney that it is either going to auction or sometimes sell ABOVE the advertised range...

Have a look at this one, was advertised range 1.45 - 1.55:

85 Sunnyside Drive, Ellis Lane, NSW 2570 - Property Details

Ummmm errmmm yes ok...

10. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

That looks preeeety. How much would that house be worth 3 years ago?

11. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Do you need permission to grow fruit and veggies on your block?
    I know it sounds dumb, council mentioned to me during the week that there's permits for everything, I believe I miss understood him and I was overloaded with info at the time.

12. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Around 1.2

Yeah it's pretty but its in a flood zone. Backs onto the river.

13. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

River views and sometimes rides?
    So 500k in 3 years, Melbourne is so much cheaper, hope it doesn't become like Sydney.

14. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Shouldn't need anything to grow non commercial quantities of anything.

There are lots of permits for many things though - except breeding kids

Barny likes this.
  15. Renorookie

Renorookie Member

Jump on your council website it should have all of the conditions for rural blocks. I live south on Perth on 5 acres, but it's deemed a special rural zone, so I can't grow any non native plants outside of the designated building envelope

Barny likes this.
  16. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

If you have a septic tank the best spot to grow veggies is over the leach drain from it

Renorookie and Barny like this.
  17. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

So... did you get it or walk?

18. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

No go, had to walk away. Was a fair offer and sellers wanted to wait and hope for a higher price. They still haven't had another offer as I asked the agent today. It's odd cause I would have thought it would have sold by now as no other stock on market like that currently in good condition.

19. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Damn, well hopefully it sits for a bit and the vendor sweats some more on it which will make your offer more appealing and they come crawling back to you.

Westminster and Barny like this.
  20. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

Or better still in two weeks from now much another offer BUT make it $20k lower and let the agent know that you obviously overpriced it as the market hasn't provided an alternative.

When the vendor gets that offer they will reject it BUT it then makes your original offer look more appealing and it begins to get the ball rolling for a negotiation somewhere in the middle between your 20k lower offer and their pie in the sky price.