Acreage Purchase

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by RoyC, 1st Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. RoyC

RoyC New Member

Hi all,

This is my first post and I hope I am posting at the right spot. Please let me know if I am not.

I got a question.

I am buying an acreage (~ 3 acres). I have some concerns and was wondering what sort of searches would best suit to mitigate them?

1. Searches for floodings on the property. I am assuming this is the "Flood Search"?
    2. What type of search to reveal all easements on the property? Particularly, powerlines and road easements.
    3. Do you recommend performing a land contamination search?
    5. What type of search to reveal building envelope of that block, which might limit the built of a tennis court and second dwelling in future.
    6. Any other recommended searches applicable for bigger properties like this? (Full rates search, environmental search etc?)

Thanking you in advance.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

If the property is in QLD,and vacant land then the simple way would be employ a Solicitor and side-step all the unseen drama ..There is a very good company in Brisbane who also posts within this site whom we have used a few times over the last few years --just do a search under --RPI ---..it will be worth every cent ..

Certus Legal Group | Certainty, Service And Value

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

When I see enquiries for vacant land I always have to ask - what is the intended use ?
    There may be tax impacts you havent forseen

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.