Acid Sulfate Assessment Report

Discussion in 'Development' started by GoalBF, 20th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GoalBF

GoalBF Member

Hi All,

I am currently doing a DA to build a duplex in Sunderland Shire council and they came back and request an acid sulfate assessment report as the soil on my land is reactive, close to the water.

I have searched the forum and found some info about acid soil, but can someone recommend a company to do this report? and how much does this cost?

I have talk to one of the company that I found online, and they advised me there are 2 versions of the report: one is desktop assessment that cost around $550 plus GST and can be done in 2 days; another one is on site sampling and then send to lab for testing, costs around $2K plus lab cost.

Below is an extract from my assessing officer’s email:

Note: An appropriately qualified and experienced environmental consultant must present details of proven practice within the field acid sulfate soil assessment and shall be certified under one of the following certification schemes; or equivalent:
    • Environment Institute of Australia & New Zealand (EIANZ) ‘Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) Scheme https://www.cenvp.org/
    • Soil Science Australia (SSA) ‘Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) scheme SoilCPSSHome

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Have a look at the LEP as it should have a section on AS soils, it should indicate whether you'll be affected.

There an ASRIS website, search through it.

IIRC, you only need to investigate if you're excavating over 120m³ of soil but that was a fee years ago.

There is this mob in your backyard.