Accusations of Apartment Block lifts damaged

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Mobeen, 8th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Yes I believe so

2. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Also may I ask wouldn’t this be a insurance claim?

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Probably tell the person reporting it to go away.

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

This.

You also stated that he said it happened minutes after your kids entered the building, and the repair took 1hr to complete, how come it took weeks for him to talk to you?

Seems like he doesn't have proof of anyone, and was looking for a scapegoat, it's easier to blame someones kids than that of an adult.

Is your son an NRL player, because if he isn't I would suggest that it would be hard for your son or daughter to cause such significant damage either.

5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Yes it would.
    Building insurance, and not for the LL to chase you (the insurance company might, but different issue altogether).

The "breach" talked about earlier is that the LL can't just barge in and start harassing you )in most states I know of) and may be breaching laws regarding your quiet enjoyment.

More disturbingly, he may not have insurance on the building or something, which may mean all sorts of compliance issues.

Look up you tenancy rights in your state.

The Y-man

6. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Thank you for the explanation on the breach that makes sense now. We were unloading the car after grocery shopping in the car park that’s when he approached us yesterday so I’ve asked them twice now to send me all the evidence and haven’t yet received anything.

7. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

My son and daughter are at 5.6” height and skinny as hell. Definitely no NRL players here, He stated it’s taking two weeks because he’s been compiling the evidence that we have not seen yet.

8. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

First of all I’d like to say thank you everyone this is my first ever forum post And oh my god it is helpful so thank you for making the first post good.

Perthguy likes this.
  9. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

10. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

The police would do nothing unless criminal damage can be proven. It is a civil matter.

11. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

$16K for a fuse. I want to own that business. I call ********. Its made up 100% made up. Walk away like he didnt speak. There is no legal reason to engage. You could record it and use it in a tribunal complaint.

Last edited by a moderator: 9th Apr, 2020

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia