Accessing super to purchase property

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Faith V, 25th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Faith V

Faith V New Member

Hello,
    I am thinking about buying a off the plan 2br apartment in Warrnambool for just over $300k and I would love to hear peoples tnoughts. I live in Ballarat and visit Warrnambool as often as possible as I really like the town and surrounding regiond
    I like the appeal of not having to stamp duty on the build and there seems to be a need for rental properties in the area. If anyone has any insight into Warrnambool in terms of a long term investment I eould love to hear from you. I have a feeling exciting things are coming for the town in thd future especially with other beach towns being impossble to buy into for many of us. I should note I invested in a block of land in Warrnambool in sept last year in the hope I can build a holiday home therr one day.

2. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

Hi Faith,
    Welcome to the forum! I'm new here too.
    It's been a while since I was last in Warrnambool, but $300k for an apartment sounds expensive. While you would be saving on Stamp Duty, there are lots of risks with Off the Plan and I'm pretty sure you can buy a house there for a similar price. If there is a demand for rental properties, I would want to buy an established property that I can start generating an income from immediately.

Good luck!

craigc likes this.
  3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Not sure if the title of this thread is connected to your post, but you can't access super to buy property - unless you are 60+ in age perhaps