Access to your dog?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Bran, 26th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Some good ideas. I'll see if we cross paths again, but I'm not going to go out of my worry to encourage contact.

Perthguy and EN710 like this.
  2. moridog

moridog Well-Known Member

I think Terrys idea is terrific. I know how much I missed pets when I lived away from home from age 15 ( I was drunk a lot too). Sometimes, to volunteer at a formal shelter requires a raft of red tape which can be overwhelming and expensive to assemble, leading the applicant to abandon their plans despite being grounded in good intentions. It is good to be needed. I remember a friend of a friend loaning myself and friend $50 when I was in dire straits, although repaid promptly you never forget a kindness when things are very, very hard. I'm not sure about the research but common sense dictates the availability of an animal to just "be with" is beneficial to mental health. As the owner of an elderly, spectacularly simple golden Labrador myself. :)
    Good on you Bran.

Ted Varrick, Bran and Joynz like this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

+1 dog walking but maybe suss him out via the people running his accom. You could be helping a lot more by having one quick chat with the accom managers. He could be in need of something with responsibility and mateship ....or he could be up to no good

Magnet and Nemo30 like this.
  4. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

I really love that idea. Let us know how it goes.

5. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan, Bran.

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even know it!

Hand the young bloke brush as well and tell him to make sure old Lab comes back all prim and proper after his walk...

6. cheesebites

cheesebites Active Member

If he is in Sydney Monikas Doggie Rescue and other dog rescue places will allow you to walk their dogs at certain times.

It is a good way to stay in shape if you do not have a dog yourself or can not have one.

In this circumstance it could be harmless or harmful. Depends how well you know or trust this fellow. Perhaps go on walks with him and your dog.

7. Ghoti

Ghoti Well-Known Member

I always prefer giving a hand up rather than a hand out. Walking the dog, paid or not, is a great suggestion and one that can start small (ad hoc, 15-20 mins), working to something longer/more regular as comfort improves.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.