Academic research on Airbnb - seeking hosts in Syd + Mel

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Laura Crommelin, 21st Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Laura Crommelin

Laura Crommelin New Member

Hi! I'm an academic researcher in urban planning at UNSW Sydney, and am working on a research project about Airbnb - primarily focused on trying to understand its impact on housing affordability in Sydney and Melbourne. The research is funded by the Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (AHURI) - you can find more details here: Technological disruption in private housing markets: the case of Airbnb | City Futures Research Centre

One of the things we're doing as part of the research is surveying and interviewing Airbnb hosts in the two cities. We're keen to understand people's motivations for becoming hosts, what decisions they've made about their property as a result, and what their experience has been like. The online survey only takes a few minutes; if you have a little more time and are willing to participate in an interview (approx. 30 minutes, in person or via skype/phone), you'll receive a $50 Coles gift card to compensate for your time. Just drop me an email if you're keen ([email protected]).

Many thanks (and please let me know if this post is in violation in any way - still getting the hang of the forum!)

Cheers, Laura

thatbum likes this.