ABC 7.30 running a story on NRAS now

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by dabbler, 12th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

For those interested, my wife and I own four of these, all from Euro & spread across Bris & Sydney. We've owned them for 3-4 years now & euro set us up with these back then.

All in all, with our NRAS properties there's a little bit of cost leakage here and there, but grand scheme its very marginal and all part and parcel of property investing. I recall some delay on one years returns, but nothing major.

Re PM fees are higher & there's a bit of a compliance cost associated with it. On the whole though, your still likely getting 9-12k p.a. net after tax on the majority of NRAS investments. Happy to have $500-1k 'lost' in additional PM fees from providers through that process.

Re tenancy issues - only good things so far. To date, properties have all but had 100% occupancy with low turnover. Rent always paid on time. Lots of applications whenever vacant. In my experience, beats market vacancy rates. I don't have any in Adelaide, so DT will likely know more there.

Re growth - i don't really think 'NRAS' and 'growth' have much to do with each other. It neither limits growth or adds to it. You just need to buy well. The actual underlying asset (the house, not the tax incentive) will perform as the market does.

All in all, big thank you to @euro73. He set most of this arm up of our portfolio & its done what its supposed to as planned & as intended. I'm not certain they're the best investments, but they do a job. For us, they've done what they were always intended to do when purchased. Essentially the net yield they deliver pay for our real higher risk 'growth' assets. Ive touched on the pro's & cons across the forum, but for those who walked in with eyes wide open (PM fees & consortium fees haven't changed in our experience), it should be OK.

LibGS and mcarthur like this.