A truly Australian political scandal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibGS, 17th Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Irrelevant. Go and ask HR.

2. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

It's not a left versus right thing ... Barnaby got off pretty lightly for a full blown affair with a true subordinate that ended up with her pregnant. I suspect it's more a male versus female leader thing.

I don't feel that Premier vs Cabinet MP a power position

marty998, Perp and Joynz like this.
  3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

4. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

The public sentiment in my opinion is that the average punter doesn’t want Gladys to go because of the way her government has been able to get on top of covid through the contact tracing and the fact that NSW residents are living almost a normal life. We have had 53 deaths which is big difference to say Victoria which has 816
    To cause turmoil at such a time, to me almost gives the impression that there is a force within the community that like to see things in disarray.
    If you look at the previous premiers of NSW Barry O’Farrell stepped down due to a bottle of Grange he received and Mike Baird was forced out because he tried to ban Greyhound racing and cruelty that was uncovered on the ABC. Most people weren’t to concerned about these leaders being removed but the current times have different implications and if the NSW success at managing Covid and other challenges is highly attributable to Gladys hard work and determination and the community see it as this, then that’s the difference.
    How crazy would Australia be if it removed the best performing premiere but others who have done a poor job remain.

Last edited: 22nd Oct, 2020
  5. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

The delving into personal life is unnecessary (and I haven't bothered to read about that), there is plenty enough ammunition to criticise her ethics and lack of transparency, but as you say, given she is LNP, it doesn't get nearly enough coverage.

LibGS likes this.
  6. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

I think it’s got massive coverage every day. There are people out there that want to tear her down. Every radio station is going after her and in particular Ray Hadley who is acting like a vulture and Sky commentator Andrew Clennell. Ben Fordham has defended her. I can tell you now if Clennell had gone as hard with say Julia Gillard, he would Not have a job, just as Howard Sattler found when he asked Ms Gillard a question about her boyfriend.