A simple little deal, just gone unconditional.

Discussion in 'Investor Stories & Showcase' started by Sackie, 3rd Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I like this approach too mate. Being able to add value has so many benefits. I think you'll be very happy with your purchase. Well done.

Bran likes this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Bubble, cycle, clock it's all the same! :p

Sackie likes this.
  3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Thanks Leo. I was happy to have a visitor this last two days. It might sound a bit strange, but its an exceptionally lonely process sticking your neck so far out and relying on your own judgement alone. My wife has been otherwise preoccupied with a newborn, so no-one else had even seen it! I was going to send after photos to the selling agent (I still might, she was lovely).

4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Lo
    Nice one, looks like Hoff or Hawkwood st type area.;)

5. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

The same view is possible from Eyre through to Hawkwood, and north of Clausen. I like any of these with some elevation. Having lived there, there are lovely easterly breezes.

There is a cheapie for sale in Hawkwood for 499 i think... brick 3/1 with a 380/week tenants. It's not elevated but subsequently is a flat block. It didn't do it for me, but might be a good buy at land price or thereabouts (450)

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Bran I completely understand mate. And your right. .often it's a very lonely process and from my perspective, I have full respect for people like you who have the courage and are brave enough to go after their dreams, as you are obviously doing. It's truly, truly, truly a rare thing imo.

Last edited: 4th Mar, 2016
    Observer, Cactus, EN710 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

I want to grow and be like @Leo2413 one day:)

Phantom and bob shovel like this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

hehe..:oops:...

There are a number of people on here I look up to and learn from. Fantastic community in PC of successful peers to support and learn from eachother really :)

Tranquilo and Phantom like this.
  9. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

Awesome

I cant beleieve you can pick up a block of land with a crappy housr onnit for 415k while a few streets away they are selling for 900 to 1.2m!!!!

Almost sounds too good ti be true

Cactus and Sackie like this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

haha same thing I was thinking when my offer was accepted. But this is not the first time I have made an offer that I never thought would ever be accepted in a million years.. and I was proven wrong.

It was an off market buy in some unusual circumstances. The house its self is completely crap which would scare off most people. But the key was getting it off market. If it was on market sale, would have gone for more that's for sure.

Also I think @Bran picked up a very similar deal not long ago in the same area to mine, give or take a few km.

bob shovel and Cactus like this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

When our son was looking in June last year he was very keen on this one -

74 Harold Street Holland Park Qld 4121 - House for Sale #121761766 - realestate.com.au

It is in the Holland Park primary school catchment (and maybe Cavendish Road high school - haven't checked). It was rented for about $280 per week due to the very bad condition it was in, but with some paint and a good tidy up, it could have been rented for considerably more than $280 per week to offset the holding costs for a new build. I doubt even spending on a very cheap kitchen and bathroom would be worth it unless the plan was a long term hold.

He ended up buying in Mount Gravatt East with a house ready to rent. Had he had the money to fix this up or build on the land, it would have been a great block. There were some downsides though - it is a quiet street, but it is is used as a rat run to the night-owl type shops and for school runs plus it is opposite a local football ground, so night games (?) and/or weekend and mid week training would be a PITA for noise, lights and parking. It is also quite low lying.

It sold July 2015 for $450K and is now listed for "high $400Ks". I've just called the agent to ask if there was a problem with knock down and build? He says vendors are moving from Brisbane so the planned build won't happen. It is sold but not yet unconditional, so I'll have to wait to see what it sold for.

PS. Got to love the wide angle fish eye lens that they use. This looks much bigger than it really is, like most real estate photos.

Sackie likes this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@wylie I know that agent well. He's very knowledgeable and exceptional at his job too.

Also if you are interested in it.. I would take down that link asap.

btw your son must be so happy he bought in MGE last year :D

bob shovel likes this.
  13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Leo. I wrote the post last night but didn't post it until I phoned this morning to hear it is already sold... not unconditional yet, but the reality is we aren't going to buy it. My son could buy it, but couldn't afford to hold it with the low rent and couldn't afford to build.

He wanted to buy it last June but the same reasons held him back. And I think he will never regret what he bought in MGE.

Sackie likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

ohh ok all good @wylie . Absolutely he will never regret his MGE. Good on him!

15. Tranquilo

Lol well I;m looking up to you at the moment, keeping up with your Parra and Bris developments and then I read this post today and thought I want to grow up like Leo haha.

Really its you, and all the same Members here everyday sharing that keeps the site alive.
    You are all so educated I can't even join in most of what you are all saying:)

bob shovel and Sackie like this.
  16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Tranquilo
    Mate of course you can, just go step by step. I don't know what you know or don't but just keep reading, learning and networking and it will all fall into place.

I can tell you, with regards to construction of my developments, I honestly just hope and pray the consultants/builders know what the hay is going on, cause I have no clue lol..(ok maybe just a little). But really, you learn along the way of course, and you really rely on all the consultants/builder being good at what they do and do a good job. Most of the time I have no clue about the finer details of the construction process...and engineering stuff I will never understand. (@bob shovel zip it). Just need them to do their job properly and all is good :D It may seem like an insurmountable task, but in reality its totally doable with just some knowledge and learning as you go.

Cheers

bob shovel and Tranquilo like this.
  17. Tranquilo

Thanks @Leo2413 Yep I'll keep on reading and when the time comes I'll be asking everyone for help:)

Sackie likes this.
  18. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

You don't need to know it! There are thousands of houses built everyday!it's easy...just contract it out!! Building a kitchen is hard but you pay someone to do it and it's easy!.

Know the zoning and understand what you can and can't build, the rest is just picking colours and signing some documents :p

Observer, Tranquilo and Sackie like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia