A recession proof, property proof, ASX portfolio

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Nodrog, 7th Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Quote..
    First, some notable omissions. It will be no surprise that my portfolio doesn’t contain any banks, property developers or consumer discretionary stocks. But there might be a few surprising omissions.

Strange there are no Banks in the line-up,and I don't own anyone of those asx listed ,and some investing social networks only present information about what people like..

3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

4. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Certainly not a ******** proof portfolio!

Nodrog likes this.
  5. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

I would only look at COH and CSL on that list in the current environment. They are not dividend stocks but are world class. If you think the market is heading lower then their price will fall further.

Nodrog likes this.
  6. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Can’t say I personally ever too enthused about these types of articles such as recession proof portfolios etc. I’m more than happy to own the market, collect the dividends and look forward to getting more of the market when valuations get thrashed during times of pessimism.

As for fund Mgrs who continue to argue that unlike index funds they prove their worth during bad times well I can’t say there was too much evidence of that during the GFC.

kierank likes this.
  7. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

Agree with you @Nodrog. These days I like the dividends too and buy the market (mostly). However as a long term direct share investor I can not help myself when I see good quality companies on sale. Its a bit of a hobby really and keeps the brain cells active.

Greedo and Nodrog like this.