A New Era in Residential Property

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MTR, 16th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. truong

truong Well-Known Member

Oh yes, plenty of bubble talk right now, mostly by economists trying to apply free market laws to a state run economy.

And a confusing picture too. Too much demand in some places, too much supply in some other.

Stats lack credibility. For example we are told about China’s credit binge and yet of the 90% that own a home only 20% have mortgages. I suspect nobody knows for sure what’s happening.

Last edited: 20th Jun, 2016
  2. Kashmir

Kashmir Well-Known Member

3. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

This is certainly the trend within my social circle.

MTR likes this.
  4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Dangerous to whom exactly? Developers who can't flog their overpriced OTP units to anyone except for mostly foreign buyers who have to buy new? :confused:

This comes down to nothing to see here, move along. Credit finance is cheap and probably going to get cheaper. Govt, fiddling with superannuation worries people and when investors get worried they retreat to the perceived safety of bricks & mortar.

There are many ways to get money out of China as others have said. AU banks may have tightened or stopped lending to overseas buyers but foreign banks like Citibank & HSBC haven't and must be having a field day! :p

I am personally biding my time to see if we can profit from buyers being unable to settle, but I'm not holding my breath.;)

samiam likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.