NSW A lot of Sydney buyers are buying in the Byron bay & Mullumbimby area

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Abooking, 22nd May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Something around 1.2M +/- 10%, seems too much. I have never had a problem finding a long term tenant quickly except for once in the middle of winter it took a month.

As for the crowds and occasional inner town mayhem in high season, it is very easy to get away from it all and find a secluded spot any time of year. Stroll around to little wategos early morning and you could be the only one on the beach even in xmas holidays, & north and south of the Bay there are huge stretches of empty beaches.

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Now we know where your name comes from.....have you been able to keep Trump/sters away ? :)

3. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised. Very strong links between Byron and parts of Sydney, namely Eastern Suburb beaches, Bondi through to Coogee

4. pjames

pjames Well-Known Member

apparently all the baby boomer hippies have retired up there, now drive luxury 4x4 drives, have large homesteads with luxury custom built homes and run high-end organic farming and permaculture seminar vacations for the tourists or cashed up city slickers at $xxxxx a head+ doing very well. Sounds like a nice lifestyle. Too bad the only land I could afford anywhere near there would be Tara and I doubt anyone will drive up there for my permaculture seminar.

5. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Definately lifestyle buyers, it's a beautiful part of the world, but it's a long way from Sydney. It will be interesting to see how strong lifestyle factors will be as drivers in the next 10 years.

6. wategos

wategos Well-Known Member

Very diverse cross section of people in Byron, historically National party but now Labor, you can find all types here, a lot of very left but also some very right (I used to know a right wing gun nut who had a huge arsenal in his house.. police caught up with him).
    My mums neighbour likes Trump... poor old dear but better to not discuss politics with neighbours I think, leave that for the internet.