A great buyer's agent - still in contact long after the purchase was completed

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by KayTea, 7th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

I've just received an email from the buyer's agent who found my SMSF IP (settlement was in May 2016).

She just thought she'd let me know of another property in the area that has just sold - it is a very similar one to the one I'd purchased, so she thought she'd let me know what it sold for, and what that was likely to mean for the capital growth of my property. She sent through the advertisement and the did the number crunching for me.

How fantastic is that?! There was no reason for her to do that - I'm not currently looking at buying another place, and the 'professional duties' she needed to complete for my property purchase were completed many months ago. She just did this as a courtesy - a nice thing to do.

Just thought I'd share a 'warm and fuzzy' with everyone (we so often hear of the negatives involved in the investment arena)………..

Jacque, Darren, EN710 and 3 others like this.
  2. zac101

zac101 Well-Known Member

Well, it just seems that she is looking for more potential business. Nothing different to buying something online and then receiving "specials" in the email, okay maybe this is bit more than that but so are the returns.
    By the way how much did she charge in terms of percentage of the total price? I am looking for a BA in Perth.

3. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

While I know she'd be happy if I was a repeat customer (most businesses would be), this wasn't a blanket, generic 'specials' email - it was an individualised email, with information that wouldn't be of much relevance to anybody else.

Also, she remembers who I am, and what I purchased, quite some time after our business interactions had finished. I'm not sure all business people would be able to make the same claim.

4. Tex Charisma

Tex Charisma New Member

Nothing nice or genuine about that....Commission breath!

5. fols

fols Well-Known Member

they. want. more. business.

samiam likes this.
  6. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Sure it's warm and fuzzy, but simply good business sense.
    Many RE agents do similar - contact a year or two after a purchase in case the person is thinking of selling or buying again.
    Marg

733 likes this.
  7. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Of course. And great customer service is an excellent way to get it.

8. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

And just because they are displaying good networking skills and great customer service, doesn't mean they aren't genuine in their approach.

KayTea, Jacque, Nemo30 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

More importantly how is your investment looking? Has it reached expectations so far?

Shankiedoodle likes this.
  10. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

Based on the sale value of the identical property (and mine is in a better location), a 17% increase in value in 9 months has me smiling.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  11. Terrychris

Terrychris Well-Known Member

Shes obviously well organised , has a diary she keeps on individual clients etc and id determined and hungry.
    Good on her .

Some people go to different lengths to get business

I remember when my Mother was dying of Cancer I rang around different Funeral Homes on a Sunday because Mum wanted to pay cash and get a discount on her Funeral.

I ended up ringing about a dozen and one Family Funeral company, the husband wife and 2 sons, the hubby and his wife came out within an hour to the hospital on a Sunday to see my Mum.
    They sat with her over an hour.They were great people.

We ended up paying $2000 cash