A current affair....

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by AdamPineapples, 31st Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. AdamPineapples

AdamPineapples Well-Known Member

2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

What's new?

Next thing you'll hear is that politicians are rorting their travel allowance. Oh, that's common knowledge as well, I forgot.

I better go to bed. I gotta get up for work in 45 minutes lol.

3. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Trashy sensationalised journalism that's my thoughts.

gman65, MTR and Terry_w like this.
  4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

There are always publicly available minutes for any sniff of rezoning which is prob how they found out.

Is it akin to ambulance chasing and using the possibility of rezoning to score listings - probably. Is selling it as "proposed rezoning" to get a higher price done all the time - yes. They may get a higher price now than later if the rezoning doesn't go ahead.

I don't watch A Current Affair as I hate their journalism but there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary here. Just some anti REA and ant development agenda by some politician

gman65 likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Only time I watch the news (especially when it's property related) is when I'm doing research to gauge the possible sentiment for market direction. Quite a few of 'the herd' get their 'property facts' from the news so i use the news to my advantage rather than letting the news use me.

gman65 likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

There's nothing preventing any landowner engaging a town planner to prepare a rezoning proposal and lob it on the front desk at council. They can then run around to every rea in town and spruik that the council is considering rezoning the land.

Councillors wouldn't necessarily know about the proposal until it hits the agenda for a council meeting (unless the proponents have been lobbying the councillors for an rezoning).

Sackie and gman65 like this.
  7. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

That's when ethically,and mathematically being rich and becoming wealthy are two different animals..

8. AdamPineapples

AdamPineapples Well-Known Member

I kind of had no choice but to watch it. To be honest even know I hate a current affair, I got drawn in. And then I got angry because it's just their same load of bull.

The 'reporter' was abusing the poor REA. *sarcastic voice* "oh no, this real estate agent used her knowledge and got her clients a massive increase above market value!"

I really hate that show. They do **** all research. And what's even worse people will fall for it. Maybe even some of the people on council or people who will live in the council who are going to object it.

So your not only hurting the people who sold, because they sold their home for no reason. But your hurting the developers and potential buyers who would of loved to live in that street but can't because it's to damn expensive.

gman65 likes this.
  9. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I like to watch it to see how many kg's Trace has put on each month.

datto, gman65 and Sonamic like this.
  10. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Overpaid? She doesn't trust banks in case she digs up some dirt on them & the bank refuses to give her money back so she wears it?