A Brighter future or living in the now?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by albanga, 18th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Wow! Thank you so much to everyone for your encouraging and inspiring posts.
    This really is a the greatest community on the internet.

Without replying to you all individually, I have read each post carefully and really appreciate all the fantastic advice. I think the key message is work on getting the balance right, especially with the young one on the way.

Since I started this thread I have already made some changes and am making a promise to myself to ensure I stick true to getting the balance right. Part of my late reply is due to putting the phone away each night so the wife and I can spend more time together.

We are also booked for a weekend getaway in 2 weeks.
    I also got in contact with a mate who lives local and asked if he would be interested in joining a tennis club as we both stopped playing football recently. He is very keen, so atleast 1 night a week I can unwind and look after my health.

I also put a rocket up my business partner (brother) and told him to start standing up and helping out with this renovation and development.

ellejay, neK and bob shovel like this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good stuff @albanga , it's one thing to think about making a positive change, it's another to actually start.
    And it's a really good idea to make time for regular exercise. It doesn't have to be hard work, better if it's fun and you have someone you can catch up with while you do it.

Sackie likes this.
  3. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Geezus I deadset teared up :)

LibGS and Gockie like this.
  4. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

Congrats on future Bub!

Just be careful when the little one arrives as the "provider" gene will kick in harder, as I'm sure most fathers here will attest to.

Just take the time to enjoy ALL you've created.

And don't forget to say aloud to yourself when on that great holiday away with the family, "I deserve this".

ellejay likes this.
  5. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

What is this forum?