Every forum has a couple of interesting characters........

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by keithj, 13th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. keithj

keithj Well-Known Member

Every forum has a couple of interesting characters........

Recognise anyone ?
    • Oversharer - I use PChat for everything that most people use Facebook for. I think it's important that the 4000 PChatters should be kept abreast of the minutia of my personal trivia.
    • Obvious Sock Puppet - I know it's my first post, I know I linked to a 3rd party site, you can see that I'm really happy with the service, and I just don't understand why you're all so surprised that I want to share my joy with a bunch of strangers.
    • Avatar Wiz - I change my avatar more frequently than my undies, and my mind.
    • FIGJAM - I know you didn't ask me, but I feel the need to tell you just how f****** good I actually am compared to you. I'll never tell you what I'm actually doing, I'll just vaguely insinuate that it's orders of magnitude better than you.
    • Unconsciously Incompetent - The rest of us know who you are, but unfortunately you'll never actually realise that it's YOU.
    • Serial Liker - I genuinely like every single post that some posters have ever made, and it's merely a coincidence that they like all of mine just as much.
    • Perma Bear - I know I may sound like a broken record and that I've been wrong about property for each of the last 10 years, but this time I absolutely know for certain that the crash is definitely just around the corner.
    • Narcissist - you'll never realise that you need constant admiration, that you look down on everyone else, and deep down you know that you've stretched the truth just a little, but you know that you're special and anyway the rest of us are still in awe of you, even though you know that we can never truly understand your higher level mindset.
    • Opinion Sharer - I have an opinion, I know it's identical to every other poster in the thread, but I'm gunna let you all know that I think it too.
    • Cry Bully - Anyone who posts a different POV to mine is clearly a bully, and it's my duty to dob them in.
    • Hand wringing SJW - PChat isn't for talking about property it's about making sure everyone knows about my personal views of how the rest of you are making Australia such a terrible place to live.
    • Debt-Hater - Debt is bad because I'm too risk averse to use it, and therefore no-one else should either.
    • Smarter That Thou - My opinion is right because it's mine, and I know things that you don't, so your opinion is worthless, and I feel it's my job to ensure that you know it even if it means being just a little condescending.
    • Gold Bug - I know my preferred asset class is waaay better than yours & have the charts to prove it, but I still hang around PChat because... erm... well....
    • Good Post Mate - I just needed to say that was such a good post, and I'm sure the other 4,000 members won't mind having to read my contentless 'Good Post Mate' post.
    • Persistent Contradictor - I fail to see how every tenth post contradicts at least a couple of my previous nine.
    • Compulsive Poster - I know I've been in the top five of the Notable Members list for 7 months straight, but I really do believe I've added heaps of value with every single one of my 4,500 posts.
    • Seek Advice Insister - I am a Professional so you really do need to seek advice from someone with a bit of paper in a frame and not that bunch of unqualified randoms that just posted exactly what I could have charged $1,000's for.
    • Suburb Spruiker - I just finished buying there, so now is a great time to derail every thread with a post about suburb X.
    • Mindset Guru - I've read Napolean Hill six times, I've posted a dozen Rohn utubes, I've watched 70 sunsets this month, so I just know I'll grow a pair of mindsets eventually.
    • Busy Professional - I am a highly successful & extremely busy professional, yet I still manage to post at least a dozen times a day.
    • Unwitting Comedian - All my threads are about extremely serious issues, I don't understand why no-one else takes them seriously.
    • Self Appointed Guru - I make grand statements with 20/20 hindsight - only I know that timing the market is by far the best way of playing the property game if you sell before the peak.
    • Obscure One Liner - You may understand neither the relevance nor meaning of my posts, nor the obscure links, but somebody might one day.
    • Budding Handyman - I once put together an IKEA shelf, so I feel I'm fully qualified to build half a house and I need just one tiny little bit of electrical advice.
    • Seagull - I know that I only have a 5% chance of flogging them a mortgage, but my primary KPI is to hit every Intro thread with a 'Hi' within 20 minutes of it appearing.
    • Serial Deflector - I am in a happy place where hard questions are merely a reflection of the person asking them. My preference instead is to ignore any bad stuff, be happy and answer completely different ones.
    • 9 dan Keyboard Warrior - Your stats would crumble to dust if you were to possess the courage to turn up to the next W. Sydney meet up.
    • Meaningless diatriber - My posts are certainly not meaningless - I know exactly what they mean, which is whatever I want them to mean, and it's not my problem that you're not smart enough to understand today's meaning.
    • One Track Spruiker - I know you didn't specifically ask about it, but the answer happens to be exactly the same as the 4 letter acronym I have in my 16-point bold sig & also appears in the title of the 137 threads I've started.

I'm sure you're not in this list, but you may recognise a few others ?

And anyway.....
    Disclaimer: Any resemblance to any poster or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Gypsyblood, Jacque, Eric Wu and 21 others like this.
  2. 158

158 Well-Known Member

You forgot 'The Rock' - The one who posts no nonsense, down to earth posts, with clear and concise reasoning, uses both subtle humour and serious genre to get the message across and posts only when maximum impact is required.

Good on ya Keith 'The Rock' J !

pinkboy

Pumpkin, WattleIdo, Redwing and 6 others like this.
  3. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Nice one or should I say that? I think you may have missed one Keithj: THE INFREQUENT BUT THOUGHTFUL POSTER.
    Cutting but accurate..

WattleIdo and keithj like this.
  4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Hahhaha can put names to pretty almost all those.

WattleIdo, MTR and 158 like this.
  5. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Where would you put yourself on there Keith? ;)

BigKahuna, Esel and MTR like this.
  6. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

I seriously thought you were going to try and reference yourself then.....

WattleIdo likes this.
  7. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I didn't see "The Genius" on that list.

8. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

You forgot The hyper- most of us ( from a particular city i wont mention:)) will likely fall into this category.:) However, it does not mean its not true.

9. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

I reckon I'm about 5 of them :D

WattleIdo, Westminster and MTR like this.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

• Talking in 3rd - I like speaking as if I'm not even posting in the thread, by referring to myself in the third person.

• Signing Off - I feel the need to sign off my posts just in case those reading missed it at the top of my post.

p.s. most (ok, some) gold bugs understand there are assets other than my precious that are worth owning...

Jennifer Duke and WattleIdo like this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

gem of a thread, I think I comfortably fit into 6, what about you Keith care to share? ....

Last edited: 14th Mar, 2016
    BigKahuna likes this.
  12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Guest Good post mate

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

yes please, let's have some fun :)

14. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Me too. Unfortunately, I see myself in several of these descriptions - and there may be more that I'm not aware of. A few are quite specific - can't miss it. But there is one I'm thinking of whose caricature is covered by nearly all.
    This is great. I've been thinking of posting Wattle's top 10 do's and don'ts. Feeling inspired.

15. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Worry Wart needs to be on that list as well.

BigKahuna likes this.
  16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

BTW, I don't see an issue with anyone continually changing their avatar, another First World Problem.

Last edited: 14th Mar, 2016
    BigKahuna and Perthguy like this.
  17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I enjoy your avatars @MTR. As you post heaps it keeps it interesting to see!

MTR and Ezzo like this.
  18. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I think you need to add:

The Pacifier: the one who comes in and tries to broker peace between The Contradictor, The Guru and FIGJAM.

The Mother Hen: sometimes comes in as The Pacifier then says "WTF if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all". Also known to congratulate, kudos and thank people (their online children) when they see them being good. If they could give them a gold star they probably would.

The Pinterest Addict: has a photo for every renovation, interior design idea and concept.

** these 3 may also be some of my alter egos :p

Blacky, Perthguy, EN710 and 3 others like this.
  19. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Has anyone a surefire way of clipping their pinky toenail?

Mine are a bit thick (lol) and the clippers can't seem to fit over the nail. I've tried biting them but I'm about 400 mm short.

MTR likes this.
  20. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Maybe we should name and shame ourselves?

deleted first comment because it referred to a moderated/deleted comment from another poster.

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2016
    datto likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.