900,000 posts and 23,800 members

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Simon Hampel, 22nd Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

There is no setting I know of that allows this. I dont allow DMs but my email address is in each message.
    One+++ benefit of Business membership is being able to disable ads.

I often search myself for a thread I recall posting to

2. Paul@PAS

I also just found if you click on my profile logo it allows you to go to my profile page. You can see all posts I have made, threads and posts etc and more.
    I am not aware of a way to limit that

3. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Click on your username > privacy > untick 'view your details on your profile page'

Now no-one can see your profile or any content you have posted

I would say 60-70% of users with more than 2,000 posts have this setting unticked

Btw what's the difference between a business member and a business plus member, is it a bigger signature ?

Terry_w likes this.
  4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Not quite
    • 11% of users with 2,000 posts or more do not allow anyone to view their profile
    • 5% only allow users who they follow to view it
    • 11% allow only members to view it (ie only people logged in)
    • 73% allow everyone to view it
    There's nothing wrong with hiding your profile details.

Slightly bigger signature is one (small) benefit, main benefit is the sponsored adverts you see in the sidebar and in the footer.

Paul@PAS and Terry_w like this.
  5. Paul@PAS

Hey Simon - I just realsied the 1millionth post was made - a little way back. Its on 1,008,995 ish. Congrats you are a property millionaire ;)

What was the lucky post ?

6. Simon Hampel

Probably some spam that was deleted :rolleyes:

(Actually it was this post by @Sackie - Ceiling fan ... but don't tell him because it might give him a big head :p :D )

The millionth post (aka the post with the post_id of 1000000) also includes deleted and spam posts, so it's not actually a significant milestone. I could easily write a little program to create and then delete another million posts and we'd be at a post_id of 2000000 - so you see it is a bit meaningless.

We are only at around 980,000 legitimate posts, so it will be a couple of months yet before we hit the million mark.

Sackie likes this.
  7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Unless property & equities crash simultaneously causing a meltdown on the fora (ummms & arrrrhs).

8. Simon Hampel

The lockdowns and announcement of the rental eviction moritoriums and all the related COVID discussions caused a huge spike in post volume back in March / April last year:

upload_2021-5-17_19-46-24.png

16,000 posts a month would see us at 1 million by the EoFY ... the 12,000 we're doing now will take us a few weeks longer.

charttv likes this.
  9. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Do u have stats on how many ppl are using ‘ignore’? I do and I am wondering if I am in minority.....or not

craigc and Terry_w like this.
  10. Simon Hampel

FYI @Scott No Mates - I've applied a fix (aka bodge) for those "very old" members.

Basically, for those users imported from InvestChat where they had a matching PropertyChat user account, I've reverted their registration date to when they joined PropertyChat.

For everyone else from InvestChat with an account older than when PropertyChat was launched, they now have a join date of 1 July 2015 - shortly after our launch date of 18 June 2015.

It's not ideal - especially since there is content dating back to 2005 that was imported from InvestChat - but it at least gives us a better understanding of our users and how long they have been members on this site.

In other news, we are rapidly approaching the 1 million posts mark - will be watching carefully over the next week - we are currently averaging over 2,000 posts per week - so we'll get there by next weekend or soon after.

Last edited: 4th Jul, 2021
    Scott No Mates likes this.