80sqm blocks

Discussion in 'Development' started by Blacky, 1st Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

property world likes this.
  2. Jamie_

Jamie_ Well-Known Member

Ellenbrook is a great choice, close to the beach, train line, huge shopping centre, good public transport.

:p

Burnhi, Gingerbeer and mrdobalina like this.
  3. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Obviously been a while since I have been back to Perth. Didn't realize global warming has had such an impact already. :D

Its what I mean - there is nothing out there to support high density.

Blacky

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

It's a push for affordable housing but instead of tiny little blocks with everyone piled on top of each other, why not take some of the fees away because you will find that they won't end up THAT much cheaper at the end of the day.

EN710 and Blacky like this.
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Finding a local council to do the micro sites was the problem. WAPC have been debating it for awhile and what I have heard so far is it is looking positive for the Ellenbrook site.
    Whilst Ellenbrook isn't exactly the CBD it is an affordable area that has embraced a mixture of densities to offer a diverse range of housing types.
    There is talk of another trial site and I have been asked if I would be interested in some way and I have said 'yes!!!'

6. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff. Really keen to see how that goes.

Considering how oversized most Australian homes are and how poor the use of that space is there are some great opportunities.

Mustafa Salehi likes this.
  7. Westminster

8. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

There's no doubt a fair bit of house can be designed on such small blocks, I don't quite think bloody Ellenbrook is the right place to do so though. Having said that you've got clowns buying cottage blocks in eglington so what do I know.

Just wait for the whinging re train line to intensify

Blacky and Westminster like this.
  9. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I agree Sanj. There is plenty of opportunity with the block. I just don't see that Ellenbrook is the ideal location for such densities.

And for god sakes can we get rid of those bloody double garages... oh.. no we cant cos there is no public transport in Ellenbrook. Carry on... nothing to see here.

10. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I would definitely consider buying one of these over an apartment or townhouse.

11. Westminster

Agreed that it's a shame that only City Of Swan and LWP was prepared to look at the concept. Hopefully the concept will still work and it can be seen and duplicated closer to CBD or at least an area with better infrastructure.

Today however I am thankful that someone put Ellenbrook in the middle of nowhere as I discovered it's a mere 12km from my 10 acres and so I was able to get Nandos. :p

Gockie and Blacky like this.
  12. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Sure - but surely that depends on cost?
    Why would you buy one in Ellenbrook if you could get a flat close to infrastructure for the same/similar.
    I used to own a townhouse on about 80sqm. It was a 90sqm unit with a small patio. But I could walk to a train station. The beach was about 15mins away, the city 8kms.
    Im guessing it would cost about the same as a finished product in Ellenbrook.

Im all for the concept!

Blacky

13. jaybean

I don't even know where Ellenbrook is. I guess I was just saying all things being equal, I would put this ahead.

14. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Far out...our Ancillary accommodation area in the last build was larger than that

Reminds me of UK style housing, living one on top of another and squeezed side by side is not something that interests me

15. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Think of Uluru and you're not far off.

Jess Peletier and sanj like this.
  16. jaybean

What the heck, so somewhere where land isn't scarce? You're right, very unusual.

17. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

In ellenbrook. Doesn't make sense at all.

18. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Its only for the high density area near the shops

It has already won support from City of Swan but still needs WA Planning Commission approval.

19. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Westminster likes this.
  20. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

The affordable living point makes sense but they need to be done right like @AndrewTDP said. You can't just get an existing development and do ctrl+all then shrink by 50%.
    They did some in Gladstone and they were bloody disgusting, gutter to gutter was lucky to be 100mm. No point going standalone house when it's so inefficient... but i guess there's a market out there that wants to buy an affordable "house", not townhouse etc.
    Shared parks are easy but the actual house design and Lots need to be looked at along with parking, small blocks with small verges and cars parked half of the road isn't a selling point.
    Parking everywhere is an issue, people want to drive right into the aisles of woolies don't they