800k South West Sydney

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ramos023, 29th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ramos023

Ramos023 Well-Known Member

We have a budget of 800k and looking to a purchase a PPOR.
    We currently rent in Hurstville but dislike it and to buy in Hurstville 800k doesn't get you much more than a unit. Panania is another region which is still close enough for our work and we could snap up a villa etc around the 800-850k mark in the surrounding areas. We know these area reasonably well in terms of demographics and amenities etc so no issues there.

We recently thought maybe Casula area, can get something around 800k free standing house which would be better. Only issue is the land size for that price is around the 310sqm to 400 sqm but for a 4/2/2 its okay for us.....

Is anyone out that way and have abit more info on the area. Theres a mall and Costco etc and good access to the M5 etc too. In the long term as a PPOR hold it would be okay as Liverpool grows and the planning for surrounding areas. Only thing I'm having difficulty with it the small land size. To get a place with 600 sqm etc it goes up out of our budget sadly.

I grew up in Wollongong and have IPs there so I'm less familiar with this area and if anyone has any thoughts that would be much appreciated.

Cheers PC

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Ramos023

A friend recently bought a house on 800sqm odd in Hoxton Park from memory for 850k-900k range. So you are on the money.

Any reason you prefer South West ? 800k should also get you a house in the Parramatta satellite suburbs.

3. Ramos023

Just proximity to both of our jobs. Summer hill and Panania respectively.

Yeah if I can get the extra id love the bigger block.

Property Twins likes this.
  4. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Do you both drive to work?

Does depend on what you value. Further you go out I would expect a bigger block otherwise whats the point?

Too far out and your travel costs become to high imo, especially if your both driving and not working locally. Public transport can be more manageable.

Not sure what the plan is for the M5 rebate going forward post Westconnex stages, does anyone know if an announcement has been made?

Last edited: 29th Jan, 2017
  5. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

@Ramos023 We are just about to list a place in Padstow - not quite your brief or budget.

Looking at the market there and in nearby suburbs like Riverwood and Narwee I would think you should be able to pick up a house in those areas.

You should look at getting yourself a good location and block of land - don't worry to much about the house itself. Over time you will be able to fix up the house - you cannot fix the location or land size.

Ramos023 likes this.
  6. Hwangers

Hwangers Well-Known Member

just curious - if you grew up in Wollongong, have you considered moving back in to Wollongong? $800k probably work harder for you

7. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I looked at the title and thought the OP wanted 800km south west of Sydney. Geelong fits the bill. :D

The Y-man

Ramos023 likes this.
  8. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Geelong's a beautiful place. The steaks at Elephant and Castle were awesome.

9. S44

S44 Member

I've lived around the Edmondson Park area for over 3 years and honestly we are very happy here. Never had any issues and has everything we need within close proximity and it's only going to get better with the future plans in place.
    It's very good value for money (compared to the rest of Sydney) with a great standard of living for families.
    The area is well serviced by M5 and M7, 25 minutes to Sydney airport and ~35 mins to the CBD (outside of peak hours), ~25 minutes up the M7 to the Hills district, and will be 20 minutes to the upcoming Western Sydney airport.
    New train line already been in operation for nearly 2 years. You can take a direct train straight to the city from Edmondson Park or Leppington stations.
    New town centres to be built around those 2 stations as well.

Suburbs such as Edmondson Park, Carnes Hill, Prestons, Horningsea Park, Hoxton Park, West Hoxton, the new side of Casula are all great suburbs.

Pauly84 and Ramos023 like this.
  10. Ramos023

Oh i wish! My girlfriend works in Summer Hill and traveling that far everyday would be torturous and sad. I love the gong lifestyle and have 3 IPs there so its an easy option if we ever leave Sydney.

11. Ramos023

That commute though ahahahah

12. Ramos023

Thanks for the post! We were looking on the new side of Casula its nice and all the houses are great. Glenfield has the express train, and with the future plans and proximity to Liverpool it should get the flow on effects.

It is definitely on our radar now and considering it.