8 Parameters of Capital Growth

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Realist35, 19th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Completely agree but what if no markets in Aus are rising? Just interested in your view. Personally I look overseas but if I have spending power in Aus should I just sit on my hands or can money be made in most markets regardless of whether they are rising or not?

Realist35 likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

How is the NZ market going? Has it had its run? seems the economy is in good shape, even voted number 1 country to live...

3. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I reckon it's definitely had its run. I've sold a couple and will sell another after a quick reno. I think I can buy agsin in aus and nz so looking for balance of better cashflow, equity and future growth potential if I can find it.

Perthguy and MTR like this.
  4. Realist35

Realist35 Well-Known Member

I was wondering exactly the same a few months ago. I had a chat with an experienced investor and was told that Australia is a big market and that there are always good opportunities out there to invest. Hope he was right as I'm just at the beginning of the journey:).

Perthguy likes this.
  5. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

From my experience in the NT, any area can be rezoned at any time. All it takes is a builder with the right contacts and with the right amount of political donation required for the rezoning.
    Everything is at the minister's discretion - which can be swayed with some donation.

Realist35 likes this.
  6. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

You don't the WAPC and the Metropolitan Region Scheme to contend with.

To get land rezoned here is a 2 stage process:

1. Have the land rezoned under the MRS. Say Department of Planning and WAPC don't support it. I guess it could go to the Minister who may override the DoP and WAPC (a strategic donation may assist ;))

2. Have the land rezoned under the relevant City Local Planning Scheme. A LPS amendment must be initiated by Council so you would need to pay off council staff and councilors to get it through. Then it goes to DoP and WAPC and the Minister again.

Complex, messy, time consuming and lots of people to pay off if you do it corruptly. I am not saying it doesn't happen, just that it is not as easy as it seems to be in other states.

My mate was head hunted a few years ago to project manage the rezoning of some land to industrial. As far as I know he is still working on it. The above is my memory of the processes he outlined so may be missing a lot of steps