NSW 700k budget - Ryde vs Homebush/HWest vs WWP

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by lycheeismyfavouritefruit, 5th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lycheeismyfavouritefruit

lycheeismyfavouritefruit New Member

Not sure exactly how to word this but with my current family situation, I am looking to buy an apartment for around 700k budget as a PPOR but could potentially be turned into a rental property if family matters improve (not sure if this is a common use case because generally I see people either purchasing a place for one or the other not with both in mind).

I've taken a look at these 3 spots because generally the lifestyle is pretty nice and quite central in Sydney (since I need to work in the city and my family / friends are closer in the area) if I do intend to keep it as a PPOR.

Would love some feedback on these areas but I heard the main issue with all 3 of these suburbs are supply issues so happy to take further suggestions as well!

Thanks

2. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Hi,

I don't mean to answer a question with a question, but when it comes to your PPOR, the only thing that matters is whether you like them. You have answered your own question in this sense, when you say "I've taken a look at these 3 spots because generally the lifestyle is pretty nice and quite central in Sydney".

So is your real question for this forum whether you think these suburbs are investment grade and will deliver capital growth?

Thanks,
    John

3. lycheeismyfavouritefruit

lycheeismyfavouritefruit New Member

That's true! I guess my mindset didn't think of it like that. I guess I'll put up my other main concern which is if in the case if I do need to convert it to a rental property, how do these areas fare? Arguably (at least from my noobie research), although Ryde probably has the best lifestyle out of all of them, its current supply of apartments are way too high and people seem to have a hard time renting them out.

Just wanted to get some more advice around this (or perhaps my way of thinking here is wrong? happy to be proven wrong as well)! Thanks