QLD Ipswich

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by miscg, 29th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. miscg

miscg Active Member

I have a friend of mine asking me questions about buying his for Ip in Ipswich. Does anyone have any feedback I could pass on please.

2. rizzle

rizzle Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember reading some posts about Ipswich on the old somersoft forums (http://somersoft.com/forums/). Try a search over there.

3. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

What sort of info is your friend looking for?

4. miscg

miscg Active Member

Whatever info he can get his hands on, it's his first investment so what parts to stay away from etc, what to look for..
    I have also pointed him to somersoft for some searching.

5. KUS50

KUS50 Member

Heinz57 likes this.
  6. Heinz57

Likewise 2 IPs in Ipswich. Agree with good advice from KU550. Send me a message if you want to check anything.

Brooke Colledge likes this.
  7. miscg

miscg Active Member

Thank u for the replies. I have passed all info to my mate to start his due diligence.

8. Proper Property

Proper Property Active Member

Speaking of Ipswich, what do you think of the future capital growth prospects of Redbank. It has a lot of nearby facilities including the recently upgraded Redbank Plaza and the train station. It is also 10-15 minutes from Springfield.

Therefore do you all think it will be one of those suburbs that will just get the flow on effect after Brisbane City Council house prices grow? I just ask about Redbank as it is quite affordable and just wanted to see if it is a suburb which has good generational growth prospects.

markgordon and Tekoz like this.
  9. sumterrence

sumterrence Well-Known Member

From my research I think redbank plains and collingwood park is set to a good start from the previous property crisis, with the gov is spending some serious money on the development of the infrastructure in redbank plains and also more housings will be built in Collingwood park in near the newer estates.

Also demographically these two suburbs are very close to Ipswich CBD with affordable housing price compare to the surroundings.

Brooke Colledge, markgordon and Dwib like this.
  10. Alfiesausagedog

Alfiesausagedog Well-Known Member

My wife and I are looking at Ipswich to purchase our first property (PPOR). From what research we've done, Eastern Heights and Newtown both come recommend as suburbs to consider.

We like that general area and want a character home, I'm just wondering if anyone with experience in Ipswich knows of other central suburbs with character homes and good capital growth potential.

Thanks in advance.

A

11. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

@Alfiesausagedog have you looked at inner ipswich (the CBD side of limestone/queens park and around and on Denmark hill etc)?

12. Alfiesausagedog

Would that be the suburb of Ipswich (between the University and the Hospital)? We've driven through, it appears to be less expensive than the suburbs immediately west of Queens Park/Limestone Park.

13. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

If you have already looked at both Newtown and Eastern heights (great options), then on the streets/areas I'm looking at in inner Ipswich, the prices are pretty similar if not more expensive than west of Queens/Limestone (I'm assuming you're referring to Newtown still). They also have the added benefit of being even closer to schools, unis, cafes, restaurants and the CDB as it embarks on its upgrade next year (apparently its finally starting). Which streets did you drive through that gave you that particular impression?

As far as being less expensive side, a quick search of sold data on RE show higher sold prices being fetched for Ipswich than both Eastern Heights or Newtown over the last few years. Currently for sale in Ipswich, there are a few over 800k (2 commercial though), Eastern hights one, and Newtown none. Ipswich also currently has the highest median house price of the 3 areas. So just wondering why you're thinking its apparently less expensive? Cheers

14. Alfiesausagedog

Just a generalised observation having looked at the pricing of properties fitting our profile (3 bedroom Queenslanders and Bungalows on 600sqm+).

In regards to specific streets, we looked at 2 properties along Moffatt Street and one on Thorn St.

You might know the area better but it seemed busier than West of Queens/Limestone as well.

Do you know much about Silkstone, Booval and East Ipswich?

15. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Maybe he might find the 20 questions book by Margaret Lomas worth a read, I've been reading and narrowing down my search using it and find it very helpful

16. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

I agree with everything @Danmicb mentioned - inner eastern suburbs of Ipswich are probably some of the best PPOR areas in SEQ. Go for a Queenslander, they aren't making any more :)

Danmicb likes this.
  17. Heinz57

It's not really a suburb but a hill. Look for the water tower / lookout on google earth? And it's more expensive but exclusive.

18. Heinz57

19. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Danmicb likes this.
  20. Alfiesausagedog

Cheers mate, I'll try and get out there this weekend and have another drive around.