NSW 600K FHB - Sydney (West) Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jimmy M, 1st Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

You better hurry up. Even the most loved 2770 postcode has increased yet again month on month for this entire year. FHOG just kicked in and I've just checked some prices - keeps going up and up the entire postcode. Prices dont lie.

Avg going to be > $500k easily by end of year for the entire 2770 postcode. Just watch to see it happen. NOTHING/Ziltch going to be sub $500k by December in the entire of Sydney.

My next door neighbor of an investment I bought in Willmot for around $250k sold for $515k last weekend. - mine is larger block of land and extra bedroom. LOL. I love it.

$515k
    63 Ellsworth Drive, Tregear, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$505k for this - needs big work
    3 Gauss Place, Tregear, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$550k. Big land but probably cant develop on there. I know the frontage size is going to be an issue.
    6 Lena Place, Tregear, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$540k.
    16 Hartog Avenue, Willmot, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$515k
    33 Houtman Avenue, Willmot, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$510k
    230 Captain Cook Drive, Willmot, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$530k
    7 Sedgman Crescent, Shalvey, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$590k.
    52 Fleetwood Street, Shalvey, NSW 2770 - Property Details

$521k
    12 Roche Grove, Shalvey, NSW 2770 - Property Details

Pretty much nothing sold for less than $500k now unless it was complete crap house or a ******** of work to be done. The examples above would have been pre FHOG coming into play as they just have recently settled so min probably 28 days settlement.

I would like to see these figures after a few months of the grant in play - I would expect a slight ramp up in prices.

Last edited: 4th Aug, 2017
    datto likes this.
  2. Totally_Smeng

Totally_Smeng Member

Are people buying for the sake of buying to get into the Sydney market as an OO and that they are houses or they generally think its a good investment in those areas.....

3. eletronic_exp0430

The people I know that have bought there are investors. If you buy right and can value add you can still find yields over 4.5%.

Have you researched how much investment and what is happening in the greater west? Roads, infrastructure, housing and employment hubs?

If not that is where you need to start then you can make your own decision if its a good investment or not.

4. Totally_Smeng

Totally_Smeng Member

Then it must be just me with my negative views that houses in those area won't be hitting 1M anytime soon. Dont get me wrong i've seen 1M+ houses in 2770 for sure, but buying these houses at 500-600k and seeing it grow to 1M will take some time.

Thanks for your feedback eletronic:)

5. eletronic_exp0430

No-one is saying 1M mate. - If you buy there now $500k and it grows to $700k or $750k you just made an easy $200k with minimal holding costs.

You buy in Wentworthville for 1M today - it may grow to $1.2 - $1.3M but the money it will take you to hold it every month eats into your profits so by the time you sell at $1.2M you actually made nothing in Capital Gain except benefit from tax offsets.

Investing is not so black and white. If it was every joe blow would be a multi millionaire.

But hey all the pros think its going to drop it like its hot like a stripper trying to pick up a dollar on a pole so make sure you listen to the experts.

Loverenting likes this.
  6. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

I recall @datto few years ago said... soon they have a "4" in front of them..no-one believed him

Now they all have a "5" in front of them, LMAO.

datto and eletronic_exp0430 like this.
  7. eletronic_exp0430

Exactly. Give it until December I would bet there is nothing under $550k there easily then these will also have a "6" in front of them as long as there is no catastrophic unemployment meteorite that hits Sydney. - I cant see that coming anytime soon.

8. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Wait till they crack $1m

There will be a new word for the Macquarie Dictionary......Boganaire.. lol

9. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

I think you may struggle to get into St Clair at that price. You might get something in Colyton.
    I've recently had FHB clients purchase in Claremont Meadows (a duplex) and Bradbury

10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

It certainly won't be easy to find.....but there's a chance that something with a little work needed might come up.

11. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

There I LMAO again :p
    Soon they'll develop the MacDonald car parks into high rise...where will you go on Friday nights now ha

datto likes this.
  12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Yep. Home prices in houso Druitt hit $1m, jaws drop and datto smokes 'em up lol.

pommy and RetireRich101 like this.
  13. eletronic_exp0430

What are you smoking? Once it hits 6 digit lets smoke up together? I got awesome hookups. :)

datto likes this.
  14. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

If you are still looking. Take a look at this property in Quakers hill .

99 Lovegrove Dr Quakers Hill NSW 2763 - House for Sale #126818534 - realestate.com.au

Good price, location, close to shops and schools and little renovation you can get 500-530 per week

15. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

16. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

And the 4th post/promotion of this property. Any conflict of interest you need to declare? Seems like a hell of a lot of work for mid 3% yield.

17. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Hehehehe

Ya all threads were relevant to FHB looking to buy in the area and hence I thought I could wake them up to let them know that there is still opportunity :D

18. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Beaumont Hills NSW - They did this. Well some of it.
    Which smells worse - Maccas or car fumes.

19. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Dont forget its neighbouring suburb Rooters Hill that has helped keep its prices up. That and the Westfield with more blue lights in the loos than the evening fun outside the Eastern Creek racetrack. Shaggers Ridge is one of the few suburbs with two post codes. And The Vegas of the West welcomes tourism.

Still reckon there is some special grants scheme in Centrelink that helps prop up those property prices.

Last edited: 31st Oct, 2017
    datto likes this.
  20. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Yes. The Druitt, couldn't do it on it's own lol.

So the capital gains out there have been govt funded. What do you expect? It's the Druitt!