60 minutes doing a special on lending too much money

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Beelzebub, 21st Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Well-Known Member

If that truly motivates you @Kate Moloney then well done, you're fighting a good fight!

We're all human and nobody deserves to feel so hopeless, so completely overwhelmed and out of control that taking their own life seems like a viable option. These people have my support, regardless of the poor investment decisions they may or may not have made.

Last edited: 27th Feb, 2016
    MTR, Ezzo, Dan Donoghue and 5 others like this.
  2. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

Thank you @Tyler Durden Yes that was my reason for going on 60 mins, to help others invested here by raising awareness. It's already made several people's lives better, which makes the public ridicule worth it.

One RE office knows of at least 10 property owner suicides. That's one office, in one town in a region affected by a downturn. I just want to fly the flag so they know they are not alone. That's why I don't care for majority public support.

The people that needed to hear the message see past the media BS and are very thankful. Not all people understand how to have compassion for another human being, it's good that you care for others. :) the world needs more people like that.

Redwing, House, Beanie Girl and 5 others like this.
  3. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

I still dont get to this day why some people find it hard to come out and admit you screwed up!

Is it because we live in such a superfical world!

Frankly I respect people who can admit to their mistakes. It shows they are grounded.

Cant stand people who make mistakes and pretend and go the opposite extreme and think they have done well

Who are you trying to kid?

Ego is a very dangerous thing in my mind

I have no hesitation admitting i made a mistake. In fact it makes me feel better admitting it

4. Kate Moloney

Kate Moloney Well-Known Member

The problem is for people in similar situations the Shame gets to them, especially in Australia there is big stigma around financial failure. You end up being viewed as road kill.

When I chose to share the truth in 2014 i lost ALOT of friends over it. It was like I was a disease. Kept sharing my truth with people face to face and on the phone anyway ......

But publicly sharing it on a forum, in the media, writing that book etc was another big step for me. You open yourself up to even more ridicule from strangers. People can say hurtful things, especially online where they can be brave behind a keyboard. I can understand why others don't share - especially online. I

Until anyone has been in a similar situation, it's very hard to judge.

@MTR im sure will agree in difficult financial situations it's hard to speak of it especially while you are still going through it ....

And @Jennifer Duke said I'm the third person she's ever interviewed in this situation in how many years of journalism?

Bran, Luke T, Perthguy and 5 others like this.
  5. truong

truong Well-Known Member

It looks like quite a few posters have difficulty in understanding Kate’s perspective. This is only normal as she comes from a very different angle from most people.

Usually anyone who goes through a great loss would feel a range of emotions, from grief, self-pity to bitterness, anger, even vindictiveness, but Kate hasn’t shown any of that. She remains poised and positive. I guess she has found her peace by achieving this rare state of mind that is total acceptance.

Total acceptance is the very reason for her healing but it also causes her to react in ways that can be hard to comprehend, e.g. being grateful for her loss, being undisturbed by how people think/speak about her, not seeking redress but only remedies, etc...

Our culture tends to put down acceptance as the height of weakness, however in Kate’s circumstances I see it as the height of strength. As someone who has lived through an extremely painful event and felt the same, I can say without a doubt that it has helped me greatly. I sincerely hope Kate will be able to help others.

Angel, Luke T, Propagate and 9 others like this.
  6. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

If I can give you another 10 likes I would have - thank you. Yes pain makes you see the world differently.

7. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Well-Known Member

8. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Well-Known Member

Kate, it's called 'sorting the wheat from the chaff'. When the going gets tough, you find out who your real friends are. You know the people you can count on, and the people you would walk over hot coals for.

You can be an inspiration for those suffering through similar circumstances and thinking about ending their lives. They can look to you and think, 'Hey, she's ok. She lived through it. If she can, maybe I can too'.

You are not answerable to anyone here. You have a responsibility to no one other than those who love you.

MTR, JenW, Xenia and 1 other person like this.
  9. Truly Exotic

Id rather be a few time bankrupt like branson or trump then not being one at all!

As for losing friends over your story, thats not good unless you were drumming it down their throat

10. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Saw this earlier (NSWF):

11. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Interesting. So nathan knows what's happening in the market and everyone else is a d##khead.

12. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Yeah, must be cold in the studio ;)

Joshwaaaa and Biz like this.
  13. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

You spotted the high beam too?

bob shovel likes this.
  14. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Like a bunny rabbit in stuck in front a binvested semi!

I see he is going for the cool, laid back, have a swear approach to engage with the punters but that was a bit unprofessional. Perhaps the fb trolls are getting to him. A few more minutes reading the script and some deep calming breaths may have made for a better clip. He still raised some good points, just not in a correct manner

15. Truly Exotic

I truly questiom anyone who after hearing that would want to enagage in any of his services or give him the time of day

For the record i stopped after 1min

16. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Leave him alone, gyno is pretty common for guys these days, but probably wouldn't advise that shirt again doing presentations.
    At least he's got the funds for surgery to get that chit cut out.

17. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I got rather perturbed when he started the punching his hand - comes across very aggressive.

I think he's looking more buff at the moment. Must be spending some time at the gym to get some pecs like that.

18. TaylorChang

TaylorChang Well-Known Member

This is not particular for any posting or comment.

For @Kate Moloney, has courage to speak up and telling people about your story. well done :)

Everyone makes mistake in life, but not many people have courage to stand up, and face the reality again...... Often, heard people go into negative mode, such as depression, suicide....etc.

As a positive, healthy, property investing community, I admire @Kate Moloney courage, willingness to share some negative side of property investing story.

Good luck all the best @Kate Moloney

Beanie Girl likes this.
  19. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Completely agree.

The first half of the presentation was the most poorly prepared load of trollop I've ever heard.

No way would I give him any of my cash after seeing that. He needs to stick to what he does. Belittling others is unbecoming.

Westminster, TMNT and Tyler Durden like this.
  20. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

I dunno, it was obviously not scripted or rehearsed but not sure if that was a bad thing. It does get annoying when you have people calling doomsday simply because prices went up and he is calling BS. I tend to agree. He is putting his money where is mouth is so you gotta respect him for that.