5x Townhouses in Dandenong; Looking for a builder/building costs

Discussion in 'Development' started by Umi, 10th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Umi

Umi Member

Hi All,

I'm a first time developer looking to build 5x townhouses on a block of land ~860m2. I already own the land and just recently got town planning approval (after almost a year!).

Right now I'm looking for a builder which can provide some estimates as to the building costs, and execute the construction if I decide to go ahead.

Looking for some advice as to the best way to find builders, or if anyone on these forums wants to offer their services or provide a recommendation.

I can provide more details if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Last edited: 10th Mar, 2016
  2. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Hey there - so you send Christmas presents to the city of Casey? they are hopeless.

Where is the development in Dandenong? i.e near the market? TH still have great demand in the area and this will depend on which side of Dandenong you are in. We just sold a development near the market - probably for less than we would like, but it was complex as there were a number of parties involved. Who is doing the demolition or do you want that as part of the build? if the property is not tenanted and your more than 50% certain of proceeding, knock the place down.

If there are good fruit trees - let me know so I can stock up instead of going to the market!

For demolition - make sure you go to the council and pay the asset protection permit which is $1500 or so.

Builder - call Simon from Edgestone Developments on 0422 232 276. He is my brother so know this and you can make your mind up from there. 5 TH are bread and butter and done a heap over the years.

I'm happy to help with any other info you need, but I assume you know the area very well.

Cheers Ivan

3. GoOnAndTell

GoOnAndTell Well-Known Member

Accentu 8 Building Group

we just finished a retain + 2 build with these guys, very straight forward to deal with and although the price wasn't the cheapest the inclusion and allowances list let us get a decent finish.

4. Umi

Umi Member

Thanks for the replies I will hit up those recommendations.

The property is not really near the market, but it is walkable. Not really in the best area of Dandenong but not that bad either. Also walkable to train station which is a plus in my books.

5. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Good stuff Umi. Sounds good, be careful around the apartments, Spectra is struggling to sell at the moment even though they have favourable treatment from the council.

6. Umi

Umi Member

Yeah I'm not sure about highrise apartments in Dandenong, is there really a demand for that? And for the price they are asking you could buy a decent townhouse.