VIC $500K Townhouse in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jedi77, 30th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jedi77

Jedi77 Member

Was looking at buying a townhouse as an investment property. Not an apartment, but rather a separate dwelling, like a town house. Is it still possible to buy a townhouse, either new or off the plan, in Melbourne for around the $500K mark? This would be a long term investment (10+ years). Ideally would like somewhere that will show some nice capital growth in coming years but I don't have that crystal ball and am unsure on some of the outer suburbs where this price range seems most appropriate. Any suggestions?

2. willister

willister Well-Known Member

Personally I looked at Altona Meadows...small blocks (500m2) but close-ish to the station (Laverton), might be a tad more than $500K...but having a read of the newspapers, there may be a price correction?

3. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Correction meaning up to the rest of Melbourne or do you mean all of Melbourne in general down?

4. willister

willister Well-Known Member

All of Melbourne down in general but thats on my non professional speculation haha.

Read the papers - it's all over Red Rover. -1.1% for Syd/Melb in May 17.

Last edited: 1st Jun, 2017

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice