5 things I learnt from picking up the phone

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Simon Hampel, 30th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Flying Solo: 5 things I learnt from picking up the phone - Flying Solo

Summary:
    1. They want you to call.
    2. It’s important to be yourself
    3. It’s important to be prepared
    4. You should have a goal
    5. The fortune is in the follow-up
    This is something I'm still learning myself - coming from a technical background, sales is very new to me and I'm still learning to overcome my fears of just picking up the phone and talking to my customers.

LifesGood likes this.
  2. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Spot on Simon. I've always been in sales myself but that doesn't make the phone calls any easier! Call reluctance is real, but it's all between the ears.

3. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

The foundation of traditional phone sales and followups will continue to stand the test of time as the pivotal communication point despite all these pushes to embrace other forms of technology - which are mostly 2nd tier roundabout stuff.

4. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

No doubt about it.
    When it comes to sales and converting, or otherwise getting any action on anything, forget about email which is too easily ignored.
    Get on the phone and get it done, easy and instant.
    So easy to turn a no into a yes over the phone, email will never get close to what the old fashioned phone can do.

5. Kon Beyner

Kon Beyner New Member

One of my previous managers was saying: "If the sales people could only turn up to the sales meetings, how much difference will it make?" In reality, lots of sales people fail even on simple follow up calls... Lots of big companies have a policy - no internal emails! Calls are always better, personalised, building rapports etc. Keep calling out folks!

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia