5.3mill in past year from Airbnb!

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by LifesGood, 26th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Perthguy likes this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Small print - across 247 properties under management.

Perthguy and LifesGood like this.
  3. The Gambler

The Gambler Well-Known Member

That's an average of 21,500 (give or take) per place.

That's around a 400 p/w rental IP.

For those who have done both rental IP and AirBnB which is better from your experience?

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Coupled with higher letting fees, on cost recovery for services, internet, foxtel, cleaning etc

5. LifesGood

Never let the truth get in the way of a good news article!

Blacky and Scott No Mates like this.
  6. LifesGood

This is actually the best statistic from the article

“A host near Byron Bay took in $3.7 million across 40 properties.“

7. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

"A recent Deloitte Access Economics report found Airbnb guests were contributing $1.6 billion to the Australian economy and supporting over 14,000 jobs."

Interesting, considering the level of screeching we have had on this forum that investment in property is unproductive.

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think us short term let hosts are competing against other airbnbs, hotels and hostels. We are really enabling many other options for accommodation. I find in Sydney family come over to visit new grandkids and need a place to stay. People do internships at hospitals. People visiting kids at uni. Lots of reasons.

For my own travels, I have been looking at airbnbs first and I tend to find someplace to stay. Right now I'm in Siem Reap, tuk tuk/motorbike ride or walk into town if you are keen, 4 night stay, just $17 a night incl Airbnb fees. Full (~60sqm) apartment, I've got everything I need, wifi, aircon, own clean bathroom, fridge, washing machine (it and the fridge look brand new). Includes a very clean pool in complex.... Crazy cheap price. Huge thumbs up.

For HK and Kunming I've gone for a room in people's homes options - HK mainly because it's an expensive city and Kunming more for the reason so I can talk with the host.

Ecomony - wise, we tend to employ people to clean. And there is maintenance to be done, money does need to be spent. There is some effort involved. It helps travellers, and I think only the better places will survive and prosper. Anything average won't do well. Which is how it should be. :D

Lemmy a fiver likes this.