4x2 in 280m2?

Discussion in 'Development' started by JohnPropChat, 13th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lightbulbmoment

lightbulbmoment Well-Known Member

I

To do my development one day I bought on a corner, across the road from a park and golf course with a school in the street. Hopefully to cover the backyard problem like you have mentioned and also to target old retirees or downsizers who like playing golf or swimming at the beach. So they have a massive backyard across the road and will never have to mow the lawn ever

Jess Peletier and inertia like this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I would say that is poor design more than anything but I do see it quite often. Surely a 4 bedder = family and they of course need outdoor living and play area unless they have teenagers.
    I have a development which is 150sqm of land and it has a 4 x 2 townhouse on it, double carport, 4sqm storage shed, 12sqm alfresco (4 x 3) and a garden area which is 5m x 6m so big enough for swings/trampoline but maybe not cricket/football.

ej89 likes this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

@Westminster Yes ours had no yard at all - maybe 2x3 filled with pebbles. Useless, and no park nearby and right on a busy road. It was crap. The same house in a different spot might well have been fine.

Also, the store room was probably 2x1m2, with the door opening inward so only 1x1m useable space!

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Yeah that would be annoying. Here is one I'm building across the road from a school. A little topsy turvy having the 'play' area in the front garden but if I put it in the rear it made the area too small and this block is 1.2m above the road with a fence so very private still. The bedrooms are upstairs.

[​IMG]