4152 prospects

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by boganfromlogan, 22nd Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Hi there. Anyone with experience or knowledge on 4152 suburbs. Does a ground level townhouse (4 in the complex) have capital growth prospects?

2. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I don’t know about prospects but my sister bought one in the area as a downsizer. Hers has some common property and a private courtyard. I’ve seen others divided into four private courtyard which I think is better but not always available. The over 50’s and retirement options in the area are so expensive as a personal option I would chose something like that instead but don’t know if others would!

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

4152 encompasses Camp Hill, Carina, Carina Heights and Carindale... all quite different markets. What suburb are you actually looking at?

craigc and MelindaJennison like this.
  4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Seeing houses are still affordable, I'd buy an existing house (dumps included) before touching a townhouse. Stay west of Creek Rd.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  5. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

Also what budget are you working with? Then we could compare capital growth prospects for other potential locations / product types that are at a similar price point.

6. boganfromlogan

7. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

OK ... then I would be looking at other options for a house on its own block for that budget so you have a greater portion of the appreciating part of an asset (ie: land). We reviewed the ACTUAL capital growth performance of 130 townhouse sales and recorded the ACTUAL capital growth of each property (ie: original sale price compared with most recent sale price which was recorded between 2018 to 2020). Townhouses were all located within 8km ring of the Brisbane CBD. In our analysis we calculated the capital growth rate on a per annum basis which showed that capital growth across the sample was on average 2.59%pa with a median value of 1.71%pa. This capital growth performance is definitely inferior to many areas in greater Brisbane where you can buy a house for the same budget. That said - there were outliers. Some townhouses performed well and others really poorly. That is why I have reported the median and average movements only.

8. boganfromlogan

i was really wondering about 4152, any experience that ppl had in that location. I was interested that there were different markets in the postcode. I suppose Camp Hill is different from Carindale. There is Carina in between.

Carina Heights is the suburb i was looking most closely at.

I can see townhouses being sold quite quickly (is that a mirage?), adn it does look like old houses are getting good prices. Maybe to turn into townhouses? I am a little unsure.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia