QLD 4034: Geebung / Zillmere / Boondall

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by C-mac, 18th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Hi folks, just curious to know any insights or experiences had in the 4034 area. I know there are good streets and bad streets throughout all three suburbs, but the area is mostly flood-free, on a train line, and reasonably close to the airport (but not 'too' close).

I'm not sure if the new runway being built at the airport will have any influence specifically to these nearby suburbs, either (would be keen to hear thoughts on this); or if the expanded airport will instead simply lift all of Brisbane metro anyway.

There is lots of supply going in, which I first thought would lead to oversupply and reduced rental returns, but yields are hovering over the 5% mark this year (though capital growth is pretty much flat year-on-year). Anyway, the suburb appears to be gentrifying whilst also in-filling the empty land lots with new (mostly 3-floor walk-up) supply.

Thoughts?

MJS1034 likes this.
  2. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

The new runway shouldn't affect 4034 as the planes won't be flying over these suburbs. Most of the new supply nearby seems to be in the western area towards Carseldine and further north around Mango Hill - 4034 is generally mostly built up already.

The Gateway North upgrade should benefit this area when it gets done, it's a real traffic bottleneck around there at the moment with only 2 lanes in each direction.

3. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

The new runway shouldn't affect 4034 as the planes won't be flying over these suburbs. Most of the new supply nearby seems to be in the western area towards Carseldine and further north around Mango Hill - 4034 is generally mostly built up already.

The Gateway North upgrade should benefit this area when it gets done, it's a real traffic bottleneck around there at the moment with only 2 lanes in each direction.

4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I think OP meant airport being a positive influence

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia