40 yr old 4BR2B vs 20 yrs old 3BR1B as PPOR+IP

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Mindplay, 10th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mindplay

Mindplay Active Member

Heaps Thanks Marg and Gockie. I am attaching a photo of the exiting kitchen and 2nd bath. The kitchen does not have any tiles. the oven is very old but still working. The toilet tiles look dated and no vanity. It was rented at 400/w as it is for last 2 yrs. Looking at the photos do you think I can leave them as it is and do repairs when needed or I should get some work done prior renting, eg. add floor boards to kitchen, paint the cabinets, change toilet floor tiles only or just add a vanity etc.

Any cost effective improvements?
    [

GALLERY=media, 817]W704-h504-9885311_6_pi_160902_064948 by Mindplay posted 11th Dec, 2017 at 10:51 AM[/GALLERY]

2. Mindplay

Mindplay Active Member

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I think you can leave both as is. Looks functional and in good condition. However... if you do want to paint the cabinets, do that :)

Last edited: 11th Dec, 2017
    wylie likes this.
  4. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

@Mindplay +1 for bigger and older house as long as you are happy with location. That kitchen and bathroom look ok for now and good reno potential, I buy clients places like this all the time. Don't worry about Sydney or Melbourne folks with city based mindsets failing to understand the dynamics of the goulburn market or that a regional area can be "hot". It has been getting commuters from Canberra for a while. 1% vacancy rates + Stock levels fell in 2015 and have stayed low ever since. 9 Straight yrs of growth but not rediculously overpriced yet as mostly single digit. Fundamental location and infrastructure are sound being in between Canberra and Sydney and it is the service centre for some very solid farming regions surrounding it. Lots to like. Enjoy.

Mindplay likes this.