3million Australians at risk of credit default

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by wombat777, 28th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

The Sydney region with the nation's highest credit scores

The average credit score this year is 757, down 14 points on last year's figure but still considered "very good", according to the largest credit bureau Veda. Scores can range from zero to 1200.

The highest average score was in NSW's Sutherland region, while the lowest was in Queensland's Logan-Beaudesert region, south of Brisbane.

2. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Mine is about 750. I get down for number of enquiries, but up for type of debt. Interesting algorithms. I once lost 200 points for deregistering a company I was a director on. But I think once the deregistration was completed with no adverse enquiry the 200 points came back. I gave it a real punishment about 2 years ago when I didn't understand the importance of it by churning credit cards for frequent flyer points. The family appreciated the cheap ticket to Europe, but it made getting credit harder for a while.

Perthguy likes this.
  3. wombat777

I'm currently enjoying a boost to my Frequent Flyer points by directing regular expenses through my credit card. Think I have enough points for a flight to San Francisco.

I once had an ABN. Cancelled it 5 years ago. Hopefully banks will stop asking about it. A business I didn't pursue and hence no profit/loss to show. Banks still ask for records from the tax office though. Just adds an annoying 1-2 day delay to finance applications.

4. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

I'm applying for a loan with nab ATM...250,000 velocity points...

In the last 2 years I have earnt over 2M velocity points. I'm almost as addicted to earning points as I am making money from property.

Sam Yue and wombat777 like this.
  5. wombat777

Wow - I think you need to run a thread dedicated to reward point hacks.

6. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Visit Australian frequent flyer forum. Plenty of info there.

I pay for everything on card. I even pay some building claims on card. I used to churn some for bonuses but I avoid that now.

Sam Yue likes this.