QLD $350.000 Logan or Kallangur or deception bay

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sarah45, 12th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

If you are ever going to get great gains on any of these they will require gentrification. What are the drivers for this? Where will the low-socioeconomic folk move to? I'd pass on all three and grab a bargain basement unit in a blue chip.

Codie likes this.
  2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

All indicators are that units have a while yet to fall and the QLD Government has a major focus on infrastructure and investment in the satellite centres- including Logan and Moreton council areas.

3. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

I would definitely suggest go for houses over townhouses where you can. Over time it's land that appreciates in value so you would want to keep as much land component as possible.

Also have a read at one of my earlier content - should give you some perspective on Logan vs Kallangur:
    First investment property Morton Bay Area or Logan area has Logan got a bad name??

4. Elle James

Elle James Member

5. Elle James

Elle James Member

Brisbane house prices down? Great! I might hang in there a bit longer before I buy something. i'm a newbie to this site and investing so I'm finding the comments here informative. It's great to get different perspectives.

6. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

That's last October's post though, since then Sydney & Melbourne markets have changed so you may want to double check the latest figure before making the call on whether to dive in or not.

Though like what they say - there is no right time to buy. Personally if you can afford it and fits the long term investment goal then just dive in. For me I could afford my first IP back in 2009 (despite I had no idea what my investment goal should be back then!) so I bite the bullet and dived in and are certainly seeing the rewards in last couple of years.