QLD $350.000 Logan or Kallangur or deception bay

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sarah45, 12th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

hello all got my loan approved for $350.000 I have been researching Logan for a year and prices have moved heaps I know Logan has a stigma but so did mount Druit in Sydney and look at prices there just wondering your guys tips on which area You guys would invest out of those 3 thought about a townhouse on the Gold Coast but do not want to pay the body corporate fees I'd rather house on a big block so I can build later down the track.

2. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

The great thing about Logan is 30 minutes each way but from what I hear about the m1 traffic that's not the case and Kallangur is also 1 hour from the Sunshine Coast does anyone drive from Logan to Brisbane and Gold Coast everyone says 30 or 40 minutes but there mostly estate agents.

3. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

I think that is the mistake a lot of ppl make - assuming one suburb in one city will be the same like another suburb in another city. Too many variables and some factors that don't exist in one over the other. I thought the same too - lucky I didn't follow through.

Sarah45 likes this.
  4. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

I've thought about ipswhich but I've been there not a huge fan seems to get hotter in summer and nowhere near the beach also red bank plains is a ******** lol.

5. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

Melbournian what doesn't exist in Logan it's half way between the 3rd largest city in Australia its halfway to the Gold Coast for weekends the rental return is huge which will allow me to buy others it's moved at least 50.000 since a year ago I have houses saved on my iPad from this time last year explain to me what Logan doesn't have?

6. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

saw this online - but anyway good luck @Sarah45 investing there. if you think it will be a mt druitt - I hope you do well.

[​IMG]
    Where house prices are falling the fastest

NSW

* Sydney

Median house price down 1.9 per cent to $1.2 million

Median unit price down 0.8 per cent to $732,321

Sydney prices have doubled over the last five years but affordability is now slowing demand and moderating price increases.

QUEENSLAND

* Brisbane

Median house price down 0.2 per cent to $551,840

Median unit price down 3.5 per cent to $376,685

Brisbane's median unit price is at its lowest level in three years and values are tipped to drop further.

VICTORIA

* Melbourne

Median house price up 1.3 per cent to $880,902

Median unit price up 3.4 per cent to $506,334

Median unit price growth suggests recent record levels of new apartment development have had a negligible impact on price, with demand continuing to absorb higher levels of supply.

7. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

I didnt say it will be a mount druitt I was comparing the 2 because there both lower socioeconomic areas Sydney is obviously different bigger more jobs that's good showing me houses in Melbourne show me a house I can buy in Melbourne with my budget?

8. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

Maybe Norlane corio in Geelong or Ballarat.

9. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

Attached Files:

10. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

the thing about interstate migration...is that people are more mobile these days. The fundamentals in each state have to be considered. people may move due to cheaper housing but jobs have to be the drivers. more people moving to Geelong (an hour away) for cheaper but they can still work in Melbourne whereas moving to another state... it's a drastic change in my opinion particularly when one has a family with young kids.

Sarah45 and adam duckworth like this.
  11. fols

fols Well-Known Member

The last vacancy rate stat I saw for Kallangur looked like a bit of a worry. No
    doubt it will work itself out over time, but worth investigating further. Huge investor surge of late. Just missing the 10,000 uni students. What are you folk seeing / experiencing on the ground?

12. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

Thanks Larry for your response very true I am leaning towards Logan over Kallangur I've heard the same fols about the vacancy rate does I am just trying to figure out areas in Logan I've heard crestmead marsden brown plains beronia heights are around my price range does anyone know how these areas compare to eagleby and Beenleigh are they no go zones ?

13. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Please use punctuation in your sentences as it requires me to read a couple of times to know what you're talking about sometimes.

There's a lot of supplies in Kallangur, especially with regards to new townhouses so it may take a bit to absorb. You can take your time in Brissie as people don't seem to be in any hurry to buy. Both Logan and Kallangur can be a good buy depending on how well you can negotiate. LT potential for both are great. Keyword is potential. Waiting on job and wage growth can take sometime.

Codie, adam duckworth and Sarah45 like this.
  14. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Lots of people do the Gold Coast - Brisbane drive daily. I do that trip regularly. 150,000 cars on the M1 each day.

Yes Logan has everything, that's why prices are moving :)

Less costs and probably more potential with an existing house in Logan than a townhouse on the Gold Coast (be careful of large townhouse complex's with high costs).

Still some good buying in Deception Bay.

Sarah45 likes this.
  15. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

16. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

Thanks for the reply Richard leaning towards Logan but the better suburbs.

17. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

Magyar yeah that looks really nice I've heard Tanah merah is a really nice place also loganholme Crestmead Marsden.

18. Sarah45

Sarah45 Member

So you guys would choose Logan over deception bay or Kallangur if I buy in the right spot of course?

19. bookworm

bookworm Well-Known Member

20. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant geographically not demographically.