$320k budget, where to buy?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Ben Murphy, 21st Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ben Murphy

Ben Murphy Member

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

I have a couple of investments (deception bay, Fitzgibbon, bowral) and am now looking for a place for under 320k, not too worried about having to do it up to add some value or if it is already in a good state with a decent rental yield I would be happy. Not too sure about Logan, and am happy to hear about other states/suburbs and why you would invest their? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers
    Ben

2. serendip

serendip Well-Known Member

3. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Whats your long term strategy and your yield requirements?

4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

NSW - Regional NSW
    Some good ideas here, especially Parkes NSW ;).
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Parkes is uniquely positioned to leverage economically from the Inland Rail as the east/west rail line to Perth and the north/south rail line intersects in the town. To take advantage of this, Council has developed the Parkes National Logistics Hub. The site has been specifically zoned for the 24 hour, 7 days per week operation of the multi-modal transport facility.

Momentum for the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail continues to grow. It would mean a boon for agriculture and push regionalisation. The Federal Government has committed $300 million in the budget for corridor acquisition and detailed alignment determination and given a time frame of 3 years for the start of construction and 10 years for completion (www.infrastructure.gov.au(link is external)). The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development The Hon. Warren Truss MP, has announced an Implementation Group, headed by former Deputy Prime Minister, John Anderson AO to fast track the Inland Rail.

Route | Inland Rail

Last edited: 23rd Oct, 2016
    Sam Yue likes this.
  5. SK Investments

SK Investments Well-Known Member

Wherever the wind takes me, currently Brisbane
    Tornado sale on now :rolleyes:

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. Iantheexpert

Iantheexpert Member

For that budget, you can get very good investment houses. However, hope you don't mind me asking for a little bit more information so that I can give you concrete advice that will surely benefit you.
    1. Rental yields are a good indicator of a good investment but would you be willing to invest in a short-term project (less than 3years) but with a good return on capital.?
    2. Are you after apartments, houses or even offices?
    3. Is it cash oriented or mortgage-oriented.

Last edited by a moderator: 31st Jan, 2017
  7. Ben Murphy

Ben Murphy Member

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: 31st Jan, 2017