QLD 300k north gold coast

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Damiano, 3rd Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Damiano

Damiano New Member

Hi,
    We are a couple new in the area, we are living in Labrador and we want to buy our first property.
    Our budget is 300/320k , for that price i’ve Seen townhouse in pacific pines , Nerang , Merrimac , Labrador , Arundel which is not so bad , I think with this budget we can get a property with body corporate very high,
    Where do you think we should buy?
    I really like pacific pines
    Thanks

2. Jockosaurus

Jockosaurus Member

I'd be buying as close to the water as possible (walking distance) which means Labrador.

1/31 Frank Street, Labrador, Qld 4215
    This place seems almost too cheap- my guess is it has road noise issues. But it is very close to the water.

Unit 178, 31 Usher Avenue, Labrador, Qld 4215
    Big complexes aren't everyone's cup of tea but this TH is a good size. The price seems a little high though presumably negotiable. BC is not listed which does makes one suspicious.

There are plenty of 2BR units in Labrador in your price range but beware of blocks which are mostly short term (holiday) let.

Traffic can be pretty bad around Labrador so that might be an issue depending on where/when you work.

Prices have eased since the Comm Games so it is a good time to buy. Good luck.

3. Damiano

Damiano New Member

Thanks a lot, we would like to get a property with a bit of garden, the second one you sent me is the kind of property we like.
    I saw many places like that in pacific pines for the same price of even cheaper, any tips about pacific pines?

4. Jockosaurus

Jockosaurus Member

Unless you want acreage or easy access to the M1 then I don't see the point of buying west of the highway. PP is a dormitory suburb with little to offer IMHO. But that's just my take. I'm sure it contains many decent properties and they do tend to be a good size and often elevated.

gman65 likes this.
  5. Damiano

Damiano New Member

It look like a dormitory suburb!
    But we want to have kids and we are looking for a quiet area, what do you think, if we want to try to sell our property in 10 years, what’s the best area to get money between Labrador and pacific pines?
    Thanks

6. Jockosaurus

Jockosaurus Member

If you want to raise kids then finding a property that best facilitates that should be your top priority. Don't get too caught up with the investment angle. A happy family is worth far more than any CG.

But Labrador would still be my pick in both respects. :)

7. Rebecca Sims

Rebecca Sims New Member

Hi Damiano
    I’ve just come across you post. Where/what did you end up buying out of curiosity?

8. Damiano

Damiano New Member

I didn’t buy yet, now I wanna buy a house between 350k-390k , I like pacific pines-Maudsland-Oxenford area next to the hill, honestly I don’t care to live near the water, I wanna avoid noise and traffic and live in a nice house with another of garden, I saw many houses between March and May , now look like there is nothing to buy, I will wait till other offers will come out

9. Rebecca Sims

Rebecca Sims New Member

I lived in Oxenford once. I found it to be very quiet and peaceful, with nice views out to the mountains. That was a few years ago now!

10. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Much better places on the coast to invest then Oxenford. Keep on the east side of the highway between Palm Beach and Surfers Paradise. Look at small blocks 6-12 in walk ups.

11. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Are you doing this for investment return or for where you want to live for the next 10 years? Oftentimes the places you really want to live (quiet, low traffic, nice house, garden etc.) aren't the best places to invest.
    Those suburbs you mentioned are definitely quieter and houses are cheaper on bigger blocks etc so if you like the area then I reckon go for it.

Rebecca Sims likes this.