3 phase power - when to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by EN710, 11th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

That's what mentioned by our electrical consultant when we said we might add split system and a pool :oops:

Talked to my electrical engineer friend and she said usually not needed for residential, but if in the future I do, it is far more expensive to fit in as you need to re dig the trenches, pull the cable up and upgrade the meter box etc

She said she would upgrade only for the reason that upgrading to 3 phase now means have more choice later on where as if I stick to the less expensive options I will be restricted in what can be done later (in all aspects of the build) :confused:

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Have a look at doing a full a/c of your house in split systems vs regular reverse cycle ducted vs 3 phase reverse cycle ducted. That will give you a better idea of how necessary 3 phase might me.

I had a look at some 3 phase reverse cycle ducted a/c systems. Nice. But they cost more than my car! :D

3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Lol we talked to the aircon guy. He said ducted refrigrated cooling cost about $25K (and my builder charge about $15K). So no ducted thank you o_O

Perthguy likes this.