3 Billion dollars overpaid benefits.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sackie, 12th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I know I shoul care less as I have amassed a bitcof wealth...but it just bores me to tears when I hears these simplistic argumennts. I rwalise somecon this forum are simpletons ....but to believe the whole population is that stupid is just silly.

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Jan, 2018
  2. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Are you drunk?

Last edited by a moderator: 13th Jan, 2018
  3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Nope far from it.....but very interesting see how people jump on a populist bandwagon. Rather hilarious...u drink but never to excess...call it discipline. :D

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I am on my mobile thus why the words may not be coherent harder to type...:p

5. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

My eyes are bleeding just reeding this. If you don’t get your typing skills under control there will be another “dole bludger” you can complain about.

So easy to shout this country is this this country is that. A bit as crying wolf. I looked around can’t find anything. Decided to look at a number of independent International indexes and Australia constantly ranks at the top least corrupt nations when it comes to corruption. Way ahead of the USA.m, who is indeed currupt. Where are your amazing statements coming from? Maybe personal bad experience?

You don’t need to pay here billions in gray funds to get any paper signed, government services approved or official paperwork processed.

Don’t see how lollies blaming something on immigration has to do with corruption. That’s just incompetent management.

If you perceive a payment of $600 a fortnight to a Centrelink fraudster as corruption than you need to recheck your world view. That is system inefficiency. The fraudster is a person, has nothing to do with the government and corruption of public system. As long as you deal with humans, there will always be low life’s that will try to game the system. There are more rich, multimillionaires who are way worse than anyone who steals $600 a fortnight. From offshore accounts to questionable tax schemes.

And at the end of the day, if 1 fake dole recipient of every 100 is a necessity to get 99 people to either leave a half decent life with disability or survive through a low in their life, let it be. At least there are 99 less people that would need to beg for their survival or steal to feed their kids.

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Let me ask a simple question....how much is spent on resources spent for Centrelink vs Tax Evasion?

An article...which summarises my thoughts....as for my typing skills I learnt it in the Druie under the expert Tutlidge of Sir @datto :D

Much obliged

Last edited: 13th Jan, 2018
  7. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

If you don't pay for welfare in order to support the poorer classes then inequality reaches a point where things like the French revolution happen.

When I was younger and a poor uni student I was on youth allowance and rent assistance and it enabled me to study for 4 years and get a degree that now enables me to provide counselling for kids. It also enables me to pay tens of thousands of dollars in tax each year.

For the very small minority of people using the system fraudulently, there are already massive repercussions. I worked with a guy once who had just come out of prison after serving 12 months for not declaring income to centrelink and receiving benefits fraudulently. He told me another guy was in there with him serving 5 years for defrauding centrelink by about $50k

So right now we punish these people almost as seriously as murderers. What more of a crackdown do you want?

Angel and Noobieboy like this.
  8. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

:D:D The site is not working. Attached. But I get the point. The difference we have not from perspective of compliance and audit. But from perspective of your statement that it Australia is corrupt country where issues like that are rife and people are gullible.

I do agree that compliance should be beefed up. More funds be spent on audit and follow up. But I would rather first see multinationals Pay billions of shifted taxes, Gina and the likes pay their fare share and those who have be punshed if they game the system. Not slapped on the wrist with a pitiful fine. Once all that solved let’s move on onto those few who claim being disabled while not and get the wealth of $600 a fortnight.

Wealthy people need to understand that welfare makes are all richer and better off.

Attached Files: