3.88% Fixed for 2 years P & I with NAB - Seems like a good rate?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Beachy, 15th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

wow even the big 4 is offering 3.88% for investment loans!?!

my offer from mackquare at 4.89 seems badddddddd

mikey7 likes this.
  2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Yeh seems they really want to entice you onto PI payments.. once it's down to a certain amount, I'm sure they will raise rates again.

3. thydzik

thydzik Well-Known Member

Perthguy likes this.
  4. Adelaide B

Adelaide B Well-Known Member

If my IP loan is 500K, will CBA offer me 3.88% for 2 years fixed?

5. Adelaide B

Adelaide B Well-Known Member

3.88% seems a good rate for me, currently I am with NAB for variable IO at 4.89%.

My IP loan is 500K, will NAB offer me 3.88% for 2 years fixed?

6. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

You need to be careful when doing this - make sure servicing will allow you to refi out when the rate reverts.

So much to consider over and above rate.

7. Jess Peletier

Probably - ring them and ask! They definitely will if your lodge a discharge form.

8. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

I'm an expat and just made a purchase, which included leaving St George with an existing property (who upped my IO variable rate 200 basis points from 4.95 to 6.95 - will not be going with them ever again lol), and now am with ANZ breakfree package which has P&I variable rate 4.55 and just fixed most of my loan splits at 2 years P&I at 3.88% and the last split which has offset attached fixed for 1 P&I year 4.29% since the ANZ fixed rate allows offset if fixing up to 12 months.

If no need to change lenders for 2 years, I would say this rate is pretty sweet.

Mine went from 4.95 to 6.95 in one letter from StG. Thank god I did not have 750k or 1m in debt with them (and that I was refinancing when the letter came).

Of course re-set for 30 years. Do that at every possible opportunity you have.

Last edited: 3rd Sep, 2017
    LoanSharkJR and C-mac like this.
  9. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't hurt to try. As @Jess Peletier said, they probably will when they see a discharge form. On $500k, it would save you $5,050 in interest a year. Just keep it mind you'll be switching from IO to PI, so make sure you can afford it, and it works with your investment plans.

Im on 4.89% IO for my CBA loans atm, but no good for me yet; I still got big PPOR loan ;)

10. Jess Peletier

Before you rush into this it's important to get your portfolio reviewed and chat about future plans with your broker - depending on your servicing you may not be able to refi or change back to IO so make sure it's a good decision for the long term, not just the next 2 years.

Adelaide B likes this.
  11. Clayton

Clayton Well-Known Member

Cheers Anthony, 6.95% is criminal! Mine was initially 4.59%, mail of any increase wasn't received so lucky for me I randomly noticed checking the statement online. I'm still yet to hear from my broker here if switching is an option due to tighter non-resident servicing. & then still torn between paying down loan with P&I which cash flow at present can manage or as Jess mentions looking longer term whether reverting to IO may not be an option.

Anthony Brew likes this.
  12. Clayton

Ok so the broker has returned with ANZ not being able to service with the foreign income so that leaves having to remain with St George on one property & the crossed loans with Westpac. St George on offer has 4.68% P&I variable / 4.19% Fixed P&I for 2 years / IO variable 0.54-.64% higher / IO fixed 0.3-0.5% higher.

My head sways me to the 4.79% IO fixed for 2 years, sure helps cash flow compared to the current 6.22% I’m currently on. Sound ok?

Another big question is do we believe Morningside (South east Brisbane Townhouse) is a quality suburb to hold onto for the coming few years (maybe for another forum)? Currently I’m out 6+k yearly in cash flow, the 5k depreciation schedule then helps bring this back. My wife not surprisingly says sell! Any thoughts would be super appreciated!

13. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Suggest posting that in a separate thread.

The Y-man

14. Clayton

Cool will do Y-Man, whether I hold this property will help to decide if & how long I lock rates in. I can't imagine variable rates dropping below the current fixed period in the foreseeable future so the numbers would suggest fixing

15. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Hey is anyone here being offered CBA's 3.88% P&I 2yr fixed, for investment loans?? I'm on the phone to them now (and am a Wealth package customer, if that helps?); and they seem flabbergasted that I'd even mention an investor rate with a 3 in front of it!

Would love to know if anyone was able to secure this from CBA?

16. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Yep - floating around 3.88-3.92% depending on what way the wind blows that day. It has to be negotiated so unsurprising their first response isn't to fall over signing you up for it.

Get your broker onto it, they'll be able to get pricing down and you all switched.

17. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Key is to mentioned the other major banks that's offering it ;)

The Y-man likes this.
  18. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

The big hint when trying to get a pricing request done - CBA doesn't put much weight in competing against 2nd tiers. :)

19. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Yes they have always been big on matching OFI, finding since the recent update it's more lender specific.

Before was more tier, now you need to make sure you get the right lender to match also.

Right now NAB 3.88%

20. Jess Peletier

Yes I've done this for my clients :)